Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day lates, hire Lexington Law?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 30 day lates, hire Lexington Law?

@Anonymous wrote:

I didn't see a specific mention re. whether the accounts are still open, or now closed; if still open,Lexington Law would be asking the CRAs to break the law by removing late pays. If (when) the accounts are closed and PIF, GW deletion might work. Losing a derog TL, for me, would be better than the lates reporting.

Removing late pays is not against the law. The CA's and OC's would like you to think thats the case, but it is not.

Message 21 of 27
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Absolutely Correct!.  I and many other people on this forum have had late pays removed.

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really?!  Scratching my head on that one... will have to reconfigure my approach with the one creditor with whom I have late pays. I'll go research it....

Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lexington Law Firm is a RIP OFF and will not help your situation. I would hire a real Attorney if cost is not a factor that specializes in this or do it yourself. I have been where you are and have tried Lexington Law Firm and they ripped me off and several credit repair agencies. I decided to educate myself and do it the right way and I have been very successful. 

Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Really?!  Scratching my head on that one... will have to reconfigure my approach with the one creditor with whom I have late pays. I'll go research it....

Oh, the OC's will certain tell you its against the law, but they are flat out lying. The law merely requires that "information provided (to the CRA's) must be accurate", but that in no way mandates the reporting of ANY information. Accurate Information can be freely reported AND deleted at their choosing.

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lexington Law ... did I miss something?! Are they not in deep stuff for their operational practices! Can't imagine using them. Do a google search. Lots of good reading.
Message 26 of 27
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Here's a myfico post from someone who worked there. May influence whether you want to give them your money:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/DO-NOT-USE-LEXINGTON-LAW-FIRM/td-p/3277310
“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.