Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 point increase!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 point increase!

I paid down my balances on my CC's and got a 30 point increase in 1 month! So excited and eagee to pay down the rest of my debt! Thank you to all who have given input and all the advice I have been given Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: 30 point increase!

Outstanding !

Can you share some details about what your previous utilizations were on teh cards and how much did you pay it down. 

I'm facing the same situation on one card as it is about 70% utilization. And the limit is not the big to start with.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, my limits are not very high either. One card was $300 and i paid that off. Another was maxed at it's limit of $750, paid it down $300. Other than that I have a card with $3000 limit and $2200 bal, $750 balance with $550 balance. I'm trying to pay everything off in the next few months in order to get a home loan. Just broke to 600's and am very happy to see where paying the rest down gets me.

Message 3 of 7
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Congrats! I'm over 100% right now and can't wait to see what the pay-down from March did for my scores!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure you will get a huge increase. They say util is a major part of your score, and now I personally know that!

Message 5 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

Thanks for the info.

My limit is $1100 and it's at about 70% utilization

The other credit card has a $500 limit and will be PIF in April. Currently has a 5% utilization

Hopefully i get a score boost like you

Message 6 of 7
JasonBourneOfCredit
Frequent Contributor

I hear that Mr Fico score likes a zero bal on all cards except one with less than 7% util.

Thats what I'm shooting for in the next 30 days.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.