Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 31 hard inquiries deleted from EQ

What number did you call?
Message 11 of 16
EDub357
Frequent Contributor

Is there any specific language you used to have them removed?  I have 40 inquiries within the past year and they have hurt my score.  Did it really only take you three days to have them removed? I thought the dispute process took 30 days?
Message 12 of 16
2BFREE25
Valued Member

Is there anyway you can do this by fax or online? Maybe a letter of some sort? I want some inquiries deleted also.
Starting -
EQ: 505
TU: 528
EX: 503
- Short term goal: 560
- Long term goal: 750
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@2BFREE25 wrote:
Is there anyway you can do this by fax or online? Maybe a letter of some sort? I want some inquiries deleted also.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=22756&query.id=16974#M22756
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

If these inquiry's you guys are wanting to be removed and are legit,  attached to current TL's, I would NOT dispute them for the sake of improving your score. You risk losing accounts, having a Fraud Alert added to your reports and so on...

This is not something to do if you have been shopping for credit and now want them gone. Disputing inquiry's that you did not authorize is another matter.
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

The OP specifically requested each dealership to make only one credit pull not the gazillion they like to do.  In OP's case, anything after the first one would be an unauthorized pull.  No?

As for those stating that each additional pull within a certain time frame for auto loans and mortgages shouldn't count in scoring per FICO rules, I discussed this with a mortgage broker several months ago and he said that is absolutely untrue.  He said he couldn't count the times that someone had their credit pulled for a loan, from serveral different places, just days before coming to him and their scores had dropped more with each subsequent pull.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.