Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Comenity accounts deleted, 1 not

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 Comenity accounts deleted, 1 not

I went delinquent on 5 Comenity accounts in 2016. All 5 went to collections (Portfolio) and I have been making payments on them. They are all showing in the “Collections” section on my 3 credit reports. No problem there. Here is what is confusing, 4 of the 5 Comenity accounts (Express, VS, Abercrombie, Pottery Barn) have been completely removed from the “Closed Accounts” section of my 3 credit reports but 1 still remains (Overstock). It shows a zero balance with this comment:”Charged off as bad debt/Purchased by another lender”. Yes this is true but why would Comenity completely remove the other 4 accounts and leave this one? Any ideas? Any ideas on how to get it removed like the others?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 4 Comenity accounts deleted, 1 not

Good question. Is one of the Portfolio accounts related to it?  Maybe combined 2 together? You do know once you pay Portfolio they will remove their accounts off your reports.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I do know that and I am paying them ALL off this month and could not be more excited!!

I am assuming they all went to Portfolio since they were all Comenity but I’m not really sure. I started with 9 collection accounts and they went to different bill collectors so I have lost track of what went where.
Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well thats good news. Congrats on getting them all paid off and poofed off your reports soon. Dont kick a gift horse in the mouth. Take it while you can. And welcome to the forums BTW.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! A lot of helpful information here! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Keep us updated on how its going. It may help others in the same situation. Good Luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.