cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Comenity accounts deleted, 1 not

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
New Visitor

4 Comenity accounts deleted, 1 not

I went delinquent on 5 Comenity accounts in 2016. All 5 went to collections (Portfolio) and I have been making payments on them. They are all showing in the “Collections” section on my 3 credit reports. No problem there. Here is what is confusing, 4 of the 5 Comenity accounts (Express, VS, Abercrombie, Pottery Barn) have been completely removed from the “Closed Accounts” section of my 3 credit reports but 1 still remains (Overstock). It shows a zero balance with this comment:”Charged off as bad debt/Purchased by another lender”. Yes this is true but why would Comenity completely remove the other 4 accounts and leave this one? Any ideas? Any ideas on how to get it removed like the others?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Senior Contributor

Re: 4 Comenity accounts deleted, 1 not

Good question. Is one of the Portfolio accounts related to it?  Maybe combined 2 together? You do know once you pay Portfolio they will remove their accounts off your reports.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 6
New Visitor

Yes I do know that and I am paying them ALL off this month and could not be more excited!!

I am assuming they all went to Portfolio since they were all Comenity but I’m not really sure. I started with 9 collection accounts and they went to different bill collectors so I have lost track of what went where.
Message 3 of 6
Senior Contributor

Well thats good news. Congrats on getting them all paid off and poofed off your reports soon. Dont kick a gift horse in the mouth. Take it while you can. And welcome to the forums BTW.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 4 of 6
New Visitor

Thank you! A lot of helpful information here! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Senior Contributor

Keep us updated on how its going. It may help others in the same situation. Good Luck!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.