Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 points from Qualifying

tag
Trish
Established Member

Re: 4 points from Qualifying

Shols44.....Ahhh! That makes more sense. Smiley Happy

No he doesn't have any other active credit cards. He does have a car loan that has I believe 5k left on it.
Message 21 of 29
Trish
Established Member

I'm also confused because according to the pull they did I'm 567 Trans 616 Experian 629 Equifax
But on the same day the FICO I pulled here was 648 Trans (no pull for Experian) and 579 Equifax

How can they be so off? And how am I to know if my scores are going up without having the mortgage co do another pull?

Message 22 of 29
Trish
Established Member

(Sorry for the duplicate it didn't look like it posted the first time)
Message 23 of 29
Trish
Established Member

I'm trying to do the disputes as you noted - but these are the options they give.....
I assume I would choose I am no longer liable for this account?
So for the seemingly ignorant questions, but this is really all new to me and I'm hoping those with more experience can offer a helping hand.
I don't want to accidentally re-activate or restart a timeline and make things worse.

Investigation Details

Note:You may select one ownership investigation reason or up to two accuracy investigation reasons. You may not select both ownership and accuracy investigation reasons.

Investigate ownership:
This is not my account, it belongs to a relative or person with similar name/address
I am no longer liable for this account
I am no longer liable for this account per divorce decree
Creditor agreed to remove my liability on this account
I have no knowledge of this collection account
This account was fraudulently opened by someone who stole my identity

OR

Investigate accuracy:
Balance is incorrect
This account was paid to the original creditor prior to becoming a collection or charge-off
I have never made a late payment
Insurance paid this account late, remove late payments
Statement not received due to change of address, remove late payments
This account is not in bankruptcy
This account is included in bankruptcy of another person, not me
This account is not closed
Too old to be on file, please remove
Terms are incorrect
Creditor agreed to remove charges and/or fees
Creditor agreed to remove this account from my file
Fraudulent charges were made on my account
This account is settled
This account is transferred to another lender
This account is paid

Message 24 of 29
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@Trish wrote:

I'm also confused because according to the pull they did I'm 567 Trans 616 Experian 629 Equifax
But on the same day the FICO I pulled here was 648 Trans (no pull for Experian) and 579 Equifax

How can they be so off? And how am I to know if my scores are going up without having the mortgage co do another pull?

If you can get some major changes to reflect in your reports within the next week  or two, they will do a rapid rescore. I think the most likely thing depressing your score are your lack of revolving lines and collections. If the collections go poof, hello mid 620 score and FHA approval. Regarding the disparity, there are always going to be differences btw the FICO version lenders pull for mortgages and the ones sold here.  

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 25 of 29
Trish
Established Member

I figured they would be off a bit. But by being skewed by 50 and 81 points isn't minor. Sort of makes me wonder why I'm paying for my scores. Smiley Sad

Do you think choosing ...I am no longer liable for this account....would be an appropriate reason for those accounts that were on the BK but still showing on my report?
Message 26 of 29
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Just going to do a little education here.

The EQ score here should be an exact match that your lender uses.  It's EQ Beacon 5.0.  The TU will be different.  myFICO offers TU98 and most lenders use the TU04 model.  EX sold here is the EX 08 and most lenders use the EX v2.

Just wanted you to be aware of that and not have it sneak up on you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 27 of 29
Trish
Established Member

Well that's beyond frustrating. Why pay for scores no one uses... boo.
Message 28 of 29
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Trish wrote:
Well that's beyond frustrating. Why pay for scores no one uses... boo.

It is all that is available to purchase by the comsumer.  Even though TU98 and EX08 isn't used that much, they still are.  I would get my 98 score up 30 points or so higher to cover all bases.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.