cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 year old charge off accounts. Is there any action that can be taken of leave them alone?

tag
User1072839
Valued Member

4 year old charge off accounts. Is there any action that can be taken of leave them alone?

I have two old JPMCB CARD (Chase credit cards) and one Syncb/Lowes cc account. They were last reported in 15. Is there anything that I can do that may positively impact my scores or should I just leave them alone? They show up under closed accounts (derog), not collections accounts. As always, thanks for any advice. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 4 year old charge off accounts. Is there any action that can be taken of leave them alone?

@User1072839 wrote:

I have two old JPMCB CARD (Chase credit cards) and one Syncb/Lowes cc account. They were last reported in 15. Is there anything that I can do that may positively impact my scores or should I just leave them alone? They show up under closed accounts (derog), not collections accounts. As always, thanks for any advice. 

If they are not paid leave them alone until they do update, then settle them, any update now drops your Fico score. These 2 will not do any PFDs most OCs wont. If they are paid you can request a goodwill deletion from them.

Message 2 of 4
User1072839
Valued Member

Re: 4 year old charge off accounts. Is there any action that can be taken of leave them alone?

@gdale6 wrote:

@User1072839 wrote:

If they are not paid leave them alone until they do update, then settle them, any update now drops your Fico score. These 2 will not do any PFDs most OCs wont. If they are paid you can request a goodwill deletion from them.

Thanks for the help. There have been no updates in four years, are you saying that it is it possible that there could be updates in the future?

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@User1072839 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@User1072839 wrote:

Thanks for the help. There have been no updates in four years, are you saying that it is it possible that there could be updates in the future?

If they are paid off, highly unlikely as CRA rules say to stop updating when paid off. If they are not paid they could update at any time especially if it comes to their attention its been awhile.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.