cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 years with 2 accounts in collections!? that were paid nearly 3 years ago? still posts..

tag
Simplyjays
New Contributor

4 years with 2 accounts in collections!? that were paid nearly 3 years ago? still posts..

i have 2 accounts in collections that still post on my account as open accounts.... they are with verizon wireless.. i found out i had them in collections when i tried getting service with them nearly 3 years ago. they said i couldnt use their services untill i paid off the accounts in collections... fine no problem  i paid and i used their service for a year or so... then canceled properly, paid the fee and all... but if i paid their collections and as proof of that matter got service with them once again why does it still post on my account as an open unpaid balance? i disputed the problems with TU, and Exp.. what are the chances of this problem not getting resolved... think they can really be like oh you never paid even though to i have  had service with them after i paid the collections department. can they really just forget to clear it off my report? =(( help! 

Inquires= 0 as of 3/20/2013 till 4/1/2014
-Amex green NPSL -Discover it 1k -Capital One 1.25k -Walmart 700.00
-JDCU 500.00 -Credit one bank 400.00 (credit builder card =) -Babys R-us 200.00? =(
TU=649
EQ=632 as of 3/20/2013
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

Re: 4 years with 2 accounts in collections!? that were paid nearly 3 years ago? still posts..

i went thru this with comcast well it took me 2 years of disputes and talkn to comcast to get the manager of collections and all i had to was give explain and he looked in the system and said yea u paid but a day after the due date i said no sir it was a collection but i paid b4 it should have made it there he said ok i will send update to collection agency and u should be all set he updated the collection to payed in full was collection well im not mad but i will just wait a few more months and dispute as no knoweledge of account by then they wont have time to find and will delete  but to you just call verizon collection department and they will verify proof of payment and u should be all set

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 2 of 5
Simplyjays
New Contributor

Re: 4 years with 2 accounts in collections!? that were paid nearly 3 years ago? still posts..

alright bro thanks i just tried calling their collections department but their closed =/ probably on monday ill get incontact with them and ill keep you posted!

-JDCU 500.00 -Credit one bank 400.00 (credit builder card =) -Babys R-us 200.00? =(
TU=649
EQ=632 as of 3/20/2013
Message 3 of 5
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

like i said if the regular ca cant help ask for superviser they more than likely can get you squared away only reason it took me so long was because i hadnt found my fico forums so yea you should be good to go soon

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 4 of 5
Simplyjays
New Contributor

by the way i got it fixed just disputed over the phone with all 3 companys and balances dropped to zero and score went up!

TU=649
EQ=632 as of 3/20/2013
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.