cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

45 point Increase in less than a month!!!

tag
marcuscan
Valued Member

Re: 45 point Increase in less than a month!!!

Tryin2rebuild08 wrote:
Congrats....I've been trying to find someone to add me to one of their cards to increase my score, but can't find anyone. The people I ask refused. I guess they're scared or something. What is the credit limit and untilization of the card you were added to? Also what do you used to monitor your score for all three CRA?

great question.  i asked the same thing yesterday and from what i understand there isn't a product that exists to satisfy this question. Smiley Sad

i was told that most people monitor their report via TU's TrueCredit and update their score upon a significant change in that CR.

anybody.....correct me plz if i'm wrong on this......

mc
Message 11 of 21
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

marcuscan wrote:

Tryin2rebuild08 wrote:
Congrats....I've been trying to find someone to add me to one of their cards to increase my score, but can't find anyone. The people I ask refused. I guess they're scared or something. What is the credit limit and untilization of the card you were added to? Also what do you used to monitor your score for all three CRA?

great question.  i asked the same thing yesterday and from what i understand there isn't a product that exists to satisfy this question. Smiley Sad

i was told that most people monitor their report via TU's TrueCredit and update their score upon a significant change in that CR.

anybody.....correct me plz if i'm wrong on this......

mc

There isn't any "one" product to monitor all 3 scores.  What you mentioned about Tru Cred...yes, many here use that (myself included) & when you see significant changes posting in your balances & such...come here to myfico & pull a new score. (with the googled myficodiscount of course)

*Sigh...I wish my scores would jump more than 4 points at a time.  It's so disheartening....Smiley Sad

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 06-26-2008 02:26 PM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry. I'm new. Where can I find details about having my name added to someone elses card to imrove the score? Thanks!
Message 13 of 21
dr0265
Valued Member

I did not use a service to add to a card as joint user.  My mom added me.  She knew the circumstances of my past credit problems so she felt ok about adding me as a joint user.  Unless it is a family member, I don't recommend this method.  It's a great way to kill a friendship if life throws a serious curve ball because it's not just your credit that suffers when you are a joint user. 

My current utilization for revolving accounts is 3%.  Currently my scores are TU-664 EQ-657 EX 663.  I use SP even though I don't think it is working correctly.  This service shows collections on my TU report that are not on the TU report that they sent to me this week.  I'm not sure what's going on with this service lately. 

I have 1 mortgage-never late 4.5 yrs, 1- car loan, never late 6 mos. and 1 CC-never late 13 years.  All the baddies that could be removed from my report have been removed and I don't suspect anything but time is going to help my score now Smiley Sad
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good going!    IMO  you should have at least 3 CC  reporting.  It doesn't mean that you have to use them except to keep them current.  I use all my extra CC  once every 6 months for something that I would use cash for....I then PIF when they report & wait another 6 months.

Your scores are not bad but I do think if you had 2 more it would help your scores.(IMO)

CC count about 30% of your scores where mortg.and auto only count 10%

If you want new CC  go to the credit card thread here & ask what people think are best to apply for with your scores.

They will also be able to tell you which CRA is pulled.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought that being added as an AU to a credit card would no longer boost your FICO score?
Message 16 of 21
HappyBless

Re: 45 point Increase in less than a month!!! Sad Update...

I'm new to this ,question how do you go by post your score . I don;t know if I;m doing this right.My fico score is:   EQ442 EP534
HAPPYBLESS
Message 17 of 21
HappyBless

HI'  MY FICO SCORE IS :EQ:442 EXP:534 TU:518  HAS A BK13 2007 . THIS IS MY SCORE STARTING JULY 10,2008 PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND HOW THE FICO WORK. I ;M NEW TO THIS.   THANK
HAPPYBLESS
Message 18 of 21
dr0265
Valued Member

I understand that in Fico 2008, AU's will not benefit from being added.  An AU and joint account holder are not viewed the same.  You can be removed as an AU.  On joint accounts, you can't.  Or at least on the account I was put on, Discover Card, you have to sign an agreement stating that you cannot be removed. 
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HappyBless wrote:
HI'  MY FICO SCORE IS :EQ:442 EXP:534 TU:518  HAS A BK13 2007 . THIS IS MY SCORE STARTING JULY 10,2008 PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND HOW THE FICO WORK. I ;M NEW TO THIS.   THANK

Hi Happy,

What is it about FICO that you need understanding? Please elaborate, because FICO is a huge complicated Animal. The more we know about your problems or concerns the better we can assist you.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.