Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 collections?

tag
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

5 collections?

Hi all!

I have 5 accounts that were sold at one time to Midland.  Midland says they are no longer collecting on these but they are still showing up on my report under the OC...Comenity.  COmenity says I cannot pay them because they have been sold to a CA.  What do I do?

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5 collections?

If Midlsnd isn't pursuing them and isn't reporting on you, then they're a non-factor (as long as they don't have a change of heart). Your move now would be to start a Goodwill letter campaign with Comenity to try and get them to remove their reporting. 

Message 2 of 4
sharriel
Frequent Contributor

Ok, thanks! I made them send me letters stating that I am no longer liable for these.  I will start with the OC tomorrow.  Wish me luck! Smiley Happy

5/16/13 Starting FICOEQ: 521 FICOTU: 536 FICOEX: 571
5/13/14 Current FICOEQ: 668 FICOTU: 690 FICOEX: 673
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When an original creditor has reported to a CRA and then sells the debt to a debt collector, they are required to promptly report a $0 balance to the CRA upon their sale of the debt, as you no longer owe the debt to the original creditor.  They are not otherwise required to delete any other accurate reporting.

You cannot offer a pay for deletion to the original creditor after they have sold the debt, as you no longer have any debt with them.

You can request the original creditor to do a good-will deletion of either derogs or of their entire account, but grant of a GW deletion on their part is entirely voluntary.  The CRAs instruct creditors not to delete based on the debt having been paid, but you can still give it a shot with the creditor.  You may get lucky.......

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.