Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 early exclusions with Transunion...UPDATE

tag
abbafan
Regular Contributor

5 early exclusions with Transunion...UPDATE

So I called Transunion yesterday and asked a supervisor to remove 5 credit accounts (3 USAA, Macy's, and First Premier Bank) that were due to fall off within the next 6 months. However, when I asked him what happens if the creditors continue reporting (which they've been doing all this time, I think), he said that they would reappear on my credit reports again. Can someone please shed some light on this nuance? Cuz if that's true then what's the point of all these early exclusions or expiring statues of limitations?

Thank you in advance. 

P.S. I hope my TU Fico score goes up from 652 where it currently stands. 

UPDATE AS OF 10/08

So after I had successfully removed bad accounts from my TU report, my TU Fico score went up to 716. Great success =) 

In December will call Experian to do the same. 

Thanks to this awesome forum. 

Discover IT $15500, Barclay Rewards $12380, Barclay Ring $13000, Cap1 Savor $7250, Chase Freedom Unlimited $9000, Best Buy Visa $12000 , Bethpage Low Rate MC - $9000, Bethpage LOC - $15000, CITI Double Cash - $21000
EQ 783
TU 798
EX 767
2 REPLIES 2
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Re: 5 early exclusions with Transunion...but I'm still worried.

Sorry that I can't help you out here, I've asked the same question. 

I'll be following your thread though, for more insight from more experienced FICO 'ers responses. 

Good luck !

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5 early exclusions with Transunion...but I'm still worried.

@abbafan wrote:

So I called Transunion yesterday and asked a supervisor to remove 5 credit accounts (3 USAA, Macy's, and First Premier Bank) that were due to fall off within the next 6 months. However, when I asked him what happens if the creditors continue reporting (which they've been doing all this time, I think), he said that they would reappear on my credit reports again. Can someone please shed some light on this nuance? Cuz if that's true then what's the point of all these early exclusions or expiring statues of limitations?

Thank you in advance. 

P.S. I hope my TU Fico score goes up from 652 where it currently stands. 

The rep is probably mistaken, but hard to know for certain. AFAIK, no one has reported such reappearances here in this forum. Time based exclusion (the 7.5 year rule) is independant of monthly updating - the record still remains in their system, but is simply "flagged" so that it does not go into a standard report. Early exclusion should be no different.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.