cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5000 to remove 7 settle for less account.

tag
ZS1988
Established Member

$5000 to remove 7 settle for less account.

So I talked to a local credit repair company, they said they can remove my 7 account that has been settle for full in credit history for $5,000. I'm wondering if anyone has this kind of services before, and does it work? Only settle a year ago. 

US Bank Platinum: $2000
Cap 1: $1500

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $5000 to remove 7 settle for less account.

I admit I do not have any experience with credit repair companies but that price is pretty steep. You can write your own goodwill letters for the cost of postage.
Good luck!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is nothing they can do for you, that you can’t do for yourself. I would recommend you to read this forums and read the success stories and what steps they took.

But if you want to go ahead and still pay the repair agency, take that in writing that THEY WILL REMOVE ALL THOSE 7 ACCOUNTS OR ELSE THEY WILL REFUND YOUR MONEY. I am sure they will refuse to do so.

So my advise will be to read this forum and educate yourself and do it on your own. That will save your $5000, which is a really really big amount. Usually Credit Repair companies charge $100-$150 a month. I have never heard anyone charging $5000.

Be careful
Message 3 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

There is no quick way in a rebuild and the 5k is a SCAM.  They will do stuff that you can do yourself with a bit of time and effort and most likely maybe they or you can get a few of those things removed, but I pretty much can gurantee some of those will be with you for the full 7 years.  If it sounds to good to be true it usually is and certainly is the case here at a very expensive price tag.  DO NOT DO IT.  

Research, read and educate yourself on this forum and others on the process of PFD's, GW's among many other processes of rebuilding your credit and if you have the energy you might be suprised what you can accomplish yourself.

Message 4 of 9
HiiiPoWeR
Regular Contributor

@ZS1988 wrote:

So I talked to a local credit repair company, they said they can remove my 7 account that has been settle for full in credit history for $5,000. I'm wondering if anyone has this kind of services before, and does it work? Only settle a year ago. 

That price is way too high for something you can do yourself.

I wonder... If they don't get the items removed, will they give you a full refund?

Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Deletion based on payment of the debt is directly contrary to clearly-stated CRA policy, as set forth at several places in the common credit reporting manual used by the big-2 CRAs ("Credit Reporting Resource Guide"), and incorportated into their credit reporting agreements.

If it is clearly contrary to CRA policy, and thus cant be obtained by any request to the CRA, and furnishers have agreed to that reporting policy in their credit reporting agreements, any statement that they can get it done is misleading.

Perhaps they are referring only to "can" and not "will."

Good-will deletions can be obtained, but are contrary to CRA policy, so you likely will not obtain deletion based on payment of the debt.

Message 6 of 9
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

That's ridiculous, unless they are including the settlement offers that they will pay for you but that just screams scam to me. Most charge $50-$200 a month for 6 month or so contracts and have some form of refund policy if they do not remove a certain amount of negative accounts. 

Beware those that ask for money upfront, beware those that have no end of contract because they will string you along and beware those that say they will get rid of 100% of negative accounts. 

The legitimate ones will use 3rd party dispute methods through power of attorney and do the same thing you can do but they may know some tricks that could work more quickly and they may operate in a gray area. 

I've repaired my own credit and I have used a credit repair company, both work and they depend on your needs and your situation. Stay away from the large companies and ones that use shady methods because they may do more damage or get you sued, steal your money etc. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 7 of 9
2IMPROVE
Regular Contributor

There is nothing they can do for you that you can't do for yourself.  The reason why they are charging so much because they probably have identified old accounts that they know will be easy to remove.  Read the forum!  Educate yourself on the forum there is a wealth of information.  You will be surprised how much you can improve your credit yourself.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

not to mention the "horror stories" people post about paying to get items off , being happy and content and then BAM they reappear. and you realize money was wasted. like others have said do it yourself.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.