Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

521 to 600 ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

521 to 600 ?

First and foremost, I am very new here.

Is it possible to jump from 521 to 600 by paying off an open account of 102% credit usage. The other accounts have either been closed with 0$ balances or are derogatory and are in collections on a small payment plan.

The simulated score if paid in full was 608 so I went and paid my whole Quiksilver card to boost up my scores to try to land a CPO lease loan of about 13-15k. The account is 5 years old and all the payments on it were on time.

The real question is how accurate are simulated scores. (TransUnion)
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 521 to 600 ?

the score simulations from experian about paying down balances have been extremely accurate for me. the simulation for anything else is way way off and not trustworthy at all.

Message 2 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Is that your sole revolving account?

What is your current reported revolving aggregate utilization, 102%?
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is my only revolving account.

The 102% was just paid off today so it should be 0% by next month or 2020.

It was a small balance (510$) of a 500$ limit.

I also have a auto loan where I was a co signer/co buyer. But that has never showed up on my report even though I make all the payments on it.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

With other derogs on your account and no other positive reporting tradelines, you’ll gain points but I see no way you’ll gain 80.
Message 5 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
First and foremost, I am very new here.

Is it possible to jump from 521 to 600 by paying off an open account of 102% credit usage. The other accounts have either been closed with 0$ balances or are derogatory and are in collections on a small payment plan.

The simulated score if paid in full was 608 so I went and paid my whole Quiksilver card to boost up my scores to try to land a CPO lease loan of about 13-15k. The account is 5 years old and all the payments on it were on time.

The real question is how accurate are simulated scores. (TransUnion)

What did you close? And what did the creditor close? They were charge offs I take it. List the accounts and collections and the date they happened. Need more info.

Message 6 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Since you only have one card:
You'll receive penalty points for reporting 0% utilization; for not using credit. -10-15 points?
or
You'll receive penalty points if using 50% or more of your cards; using too much credit.

The lesser penalty is to let it report with a small balance e.g. $5, then pay to zero.

Remember these aggregate thresholds: 8.9%, 28.9%, 48.9%, 68.9%, 88.9%.

Aggregate utility-You should gain 10-15 points crossing a scoring threshold. You're probably looking at 50-75.

Individual utility-Maybe you'll gain additional 15-20 points? +-5 points a threshold starting at 28.9%.

Report back the outcome once you find out the actual net gain.
Message 7 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@AllZero wrote:
Since you only have one card:
You'll receive penalty points for reporting 0% utilization; for not using credit. -10-15 points?
or
You'll receive penalty points if using 50% or more of your cards; using too much credit.

The lesser penalty is to let it report with a small balance e.g. $5, then pay to zero.

Remember these aggregate thresholds: 8.9%, 28.9%, 48.9%, 68.9%, 88.9%.

Aggregate utility-You should gain 10-15 points crossing a scoring threshold. You're probably looking at 50-75.

Individual utility-Maybe you'll gain additional 15-20 points? +-5 points a threshold starting at 28.9%.

Report back the outcome once you find out the actual net gain.

You can use all you want of your credit limit. Its whats you pay it down to before statement date. Thats a farse dont use more than a certain %. If they have one card. Aggregate and individual will be the same %. Need to know what the charge offs are at which would lead to a higher Ind/Agg Util if they arent paid down to 0.

Message 8 of 14
AllZero
Mega Contributor

^ OP stated open CC usage. I can only guess it's reported as well. Thus, estimated point gain or loss.

ETA. To clarify, phrasing should be 50% or more of cards reporting a balance.

Not knowing the reported collection(s) utilization did not factor into the above.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys thanks for the replies.
Open account
Quiksilver Capitalone
510$ balance (payment was made today so it won’t reflect immediately) but will have 0$ balance

The accounts I closed myself are

Barclays premier card balance was 2000$ now 0$ and closed
GameStop comenity bank card 700$ limit 0$ balance and closed.
Old navy 400$ limit 0$ balance closed.
HSN 200$ limit 0$ balance closed
PayPal credit 800$ limit 0$ balance closed

The ones charged off are
3287$ Walmart card (on a monthly payment plan right now)- sold to debt collector
TBankofMissouri 2000$
Best BuyNA 2300$- sold to debt collector

I also have 3 miscellaneous debts

397$
75$
75$

Any recommendations on how to fix whatever I can to bump my score from 521 TU 528 Fico8 to 600 would be appreciated all the more.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.