Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

58 charge offs???

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: 58 charge offs???

Yes it's true, as @RobertEG will tell you, the CRAs explicitly instruct the CAs/OCs NOT to delete just because a debt is paid. Doing so would violate the contract they have with the CRAs which state they must report accurately, and deleting a CO because it was paid off "would not paint an accurate picture" of a consumer. That said, the law also says they don't have to report at all...so the only other recourse here would be GW letters and hope someone bites and empathizes helps you out.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 13
KingJaffeJo
New Contributor

GW letter after I've already paid, right? Do I need to request that they send a PIF to the credit bureau's or is that done automatically on their part?

Message 12 of 13
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Right, GW after you've paid and it's been processed and everything on their end, which can take up to 30 days usually. Once you PIF or settle, they will automatically notify the bureaus once it's processed and everything on their end as I mentioned.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.