cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 Months of actually caring about my credit - and here's what happened: (what's next?)

tag
furtivedog

6 Months of actually caring about my credit - and here's what happened: (what's next?)

A year ago I got sober - and 6 months ago I got serious about rebuilding my credit. The last time I had checked, I was in the high 400s (I had someone do a couple letters for me, removing a LOT - which actually bumped me into the low 500s. I was actually at 474, I believe was one of the numbers, cannot recall for sure.

So, on 4/31 I started damage control. I was at TU: 539, EQ: 567, and EX 561.

Paid off anything I could. Disputed everything (my disputes actually hurt with Toyota Financial - dropped me 20 points- apparently they decided to throw some lates on there.

Now my only "baddie" is a Verizon bill (paid). And I almost went into foreclosure twice (120 days late 12X), and had 120 days late payments on two student loans for 18 months.

I have one secured credit card I got 11 months ago for 500 bucks. My mom added me 3 months ago on her Delta Amex with a 6K limit (upped to 9000 last night). All bills on time for over a year (student loans were in late about 18 months ago).

What should I work on next? I sent GW letters to Toyota Financial and Oklahoma Student Loan... any suggestions? Can I get an unsecured card? I want to buy a house in the next 6 months. I have no auto loan. Just 69K lefot owed on a home. 40K student loans (paying 1000 per month currently) and 125K salary.

Acccording to MyFico: Experian 699, TU: 646, EQ: 643. I'm excited as HELL about the (relative to 474 FICO) scores - but still work to be done. I want to join the 720, then 760 club!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: 6 Months of actually caring about my credit - and here's what happened: (what's next?)

Looking good!! You could add a credit card to your file and just keep up all payments. On time every time. I just want to get to 700 man...I too am looking to purchase a home next year. Keep up the good work. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.