cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 months from BK/Chap 7 fall off and I think I want it off now (Mortgage app).....

tag
Goodcreditsesame
Valued Member

6 months from BK/Chap 7 fall off and I think I want it off now (Mortgage app).....

Hello Everyone,

My Chap 7 is to
Fall off in June.

I wanted
To apply for a mortgage next month as my lease is up in a April. Should I pursue getting it removed from my reports now? What would be the best way? Dispute with the CBs? Under what reason? Does it hold a lot of weight on my score at this point? Will it stop me from getting a good interest rate on my mortgage?

Thank you so much.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 6 months from BK/Chap 7 fall off and I think I want it off now (Mortgage app).....

Not sure how the BK is affecting your mortgage scores but you definitely can try EE with TU and EX.  As for EQ, I'm not sure they will allow EE this early.  I'm sure with the BK off your report, you should see some improvement on the overall scores, including mortgage fico.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
Goodcreditsesame
Valued Member

Re: 6 months from BK/Chap 7 fall off and I think I want it off now (Mortgage app).....

EE?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Early Exclusion...

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Goodcreditsesame wrote:
Hello Everyone,

My Chap 7 is to
Fall off in June.

I wanted
To apply for a mortgage next month as my lease is up in a April. Should I pursue getting it removed from my reports now? What would be the best way? Dispute with the CBs? Under what reason? Does it hold a lot of weight on my score at this point? Will it stop me from getting a good interest rate on my mortgage?

Thank you so much.

What are your scores now? What is on your reports? Derogs since the BK? Current credit lines?

Message 5 of 8
Goodcreditsesame
Valued Member

Thank you!

Current mortgage scores are a perfect linear
675 676 677

Yes plenty of lates Post BK ON A CAR loan. Last late was December 2015

All other tradelines (A DUMPLOAD OF STUDENT LOANS and some credit cards with no lates ever)
2 small credit collections (since been paid, waiting for them to update)
1 charge off with paid/closed balance

Hope this helps.

So I will research an early exclusion and see what I can do! Doesn’t hurt but to ask!
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can dispute online with Transunion, select the reason "too old to be on my report."

Message 7 of 8
Goodcreditsesame
Valued Member

Thank you all!

Should
I call or write?
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.