Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

623 dispute success?

tag
Ryanpm90
Valued Member

623 dispute success?

Noticed a fraudualent account on my credit report a few months back. I disputed with the bureaus and they all came back "verified." After that I sent a 623 dispute to the alleged creditor. It's been close to a month since I sent the letter and they have not responded. Today I pulled my credit report and that account has been placed in collections. I'm confused, what should the next step be? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: 623 dispute success?

The implementing regulations for the direct dispute process specifically provide that if the consumer has previously disputed substantially the same information in a prior dispute filed with a CRA, then a subsequent direct dispute can be dismissed as "frivolous or irrelevant" without any requirment for any investigation.

One issue, one requirment for investigation.....

See the implementing regulations governing the direct dispute process, set forth at16 CFR 660.4.

After you have filed a dispute with a CRA, you then obtain the right under FCRA 623(c) to file a civil action and get the issue reviewed on the full factual evidence by the courts.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.