Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

66 point JUMP today! 657 to 723!

tag
750Hopeful
New Contributor

66 point JUMP today! 657 to 723!

Make way! The 750 train is on its way to the station! Smiley Happy

My Credit Karma score just jumped from 657 to 723 -- a 66 point jump. And it was all because of paying off a single high balance. There was a $5K balance on one of my CO Amex accounts and I agreed to settle with them for $1,500. Until now, it was reporting a balance of $4,200. I paid the $1,500 settlement amount about two weeks ago and it finally hit the credit bureaus and now shows a $0 balance on that account. Amazing that just such a simple thing as paying the balance on one account (even though it's still listed as a CO) can spike a score so much! But I'm not complaining. I know this is definitely what's responsible for the spike because it happened progressively across the other CBs. First, it hit Experian two days ago and I saw a 39 point jump there. Then yesterday it hit Equifax and it jumped 48 points. Then just today it hit TransUnion and it jumped 61 points (according to Amex CreditSecure's FAKO) and 66 points (according to Credit Karma's FAKO). 

As for my actual FICO score, I only get that for Equifax but it jumped from 651 to 682, so a solid 31 point FICO jump from paying the balance off on one account!

According to Amex CreditSecure, my FAKO's are now:

TransUnion: 699

Experian: 683

Equifax: 667

According to Credit Karma, my TransUnion FAKO is: 723

According to MyFico, my Equifax FICO is now: 682

Despite the discrepancies from the numbers, I'm definitely moving on up! Can't wait to break 700 on the FICO and have 700 across the board on the FAKOs. But I won't stop until they are all above 750! Smiley Happy

As you can see from my Credit Karma, I started at a 602 FAKO back in July of last year and have been progressively moving up.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
dpride86
Regular Contributor

Re: 66 point JUMP today! 657 to 723!

oh wow congratulations. I need a improvement like this

-Current Score: TU 719 EQ 705 and EX 708 1-11-15
-My Goal: 740+ on all 3
-My wallet:
NFCU Cash Rewards 17k,Fidelity Amex 10.1k, QS 8k, DCU Visa Platinum 7.5k, Chase Freedom 7k, Penfed Promise 6.5k, Amex BCE 6k and Citi 5K.
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

May I ask what written agreement you used to make sure that the account being settled would not reflect negatively on your credit report? 

Message 3 of 25
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Very nice!!  Congratulations!! Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 4 of 25
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

if you dont mind me asking...whats "left" as far as baddies go (lates COs CAs how old they are just anything) on EQ?

reason for askin is im trying to determine what my best possible score will be at the end of the year when the vast majority of baddies disappear off my EQ (im focusing on that since i bank at NFCU and they use EQ for cc apps...maybe auto too not sure). if your EQ is 682, i may get a round about view of possibilities based on comparison.

my apologies if the question is too forward, dont feel compelled to answer.

thanks!

Message 5 of 25
750Hopeful
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

May I ask what written agreement you used to make sure that the account being settled would not reflect negatively on your credit report? 

There was no agreement. They wouldn't agree to delete it or do anything other than offer me a settlement balance less than the full balance. So I paid that and it automatically brought the balance to $0 once I paid the settlement amount and Amex had to report it as a $0 balance. This type of action happens by default when you pay a settlement, so I only have to negotiate the settlement amount, not the terms that went along with it.

Message 6 of 25
750Hopeful
New Contributor

@Crossdivided wrote:

if you dont mind me asking...whats "left" as far as baddies go (lates COs CAs how old they are just anything) on EQ?

reason for askin is im trying to determine what my best possible score will be at the end of the year when the vast majority of baddies disappear off my EQ (im focusing on that since i bank at NFCU and they use EQ for cc apps...maybe auto too not sure). if your EQ is 682, i may get a round about view of possibilities based on comparison.

my apologies if the question is too forward, dont feel compelled to answer.

thanks!

The only thing left is 3 of my Amex accounts are in CO status, albeit paid and have a $0 balance. I'm trying to get those tradelines just completely deleted using GWs. Unsuccessful so far. And my only other baddie left is one 30 day late on my Shell card from almost 3 and a half years ago (since it was so long ago, not sure it's even counting against my score at this point). I have a suspicious that once I get all 3 CO Amex accounts deleted though, my score could easily spike by 75 more points, hopefully bringing up to the 750 magic number across the board.

Message 7 of 25
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Baddies never disappear from your credit report. what happens they go into what I call a special place within your file. Whoever pulls your report manually would see your upaid debt, by that it is always a very good idea to pay the old debt off so its NOT in your file. 

Message 8 of 25
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

hhmmm...ok somewhat better than ill be sitting at end of year. projection as follows:

By end of year, CR will reflect:

0 PRs

0 CAs

6 PIF COs, but all over 4 years old (assuming no PFD/GW successes...and i send em like a wildman...)

0 Repos

15 months no lates: FPB

10 months no lates: Fingerhut, Vic Secret

10 months no lates: Install loan (student loan consol)

Util 0/0/9%

AAoA 3.5 years ish

Credit history length 10 years

8 past 0 bal no lates closed "paid account as agreed" install loans (mostly things like rent-to-owns, small sig loans, etc)

all im really shooting for is 640 midscore for mortgage, and 640 will get ya in the door with some of the CC big boys.

itll be close im guessing. might have to start tracking down relatives i HAVENT $%^ off...try to get a decent seasoned AU in there.

Message 9 of 25
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

@DaBears wrote:

Baddies never disappear from your credit report. what happens they go into what I call a special place within your file. Whoever pulls your report manually would see your upaid debt, by that it is always a very good idea to pay the old debt off so its NOT in your file. 

yup they can for 150k+ mortgages and 75k+ salaries.

in some areas of the country those are ALREADY the norms...in my area 150k will get ya a nice home, in other areas 200k wont buy you $%^.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.