cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

670 a goal score for those of us that started in the crapper?

tag
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

Re: 670 a goal score for those of us that started in the crapper?

Well, I guess this is my tribe.  That is exactly my goal since crossing over into the 600s in the beginning of June, to aim for 670.  I've moved up more.   I'm now at 635 Exp, 617 Eq, 622 TransUnion.  I expect TU to be higher.  They lag far behind in reporting my CapOne charge-off payments monthly.

But next goal is to cross the 650 line with all three.    Then getting to 670 and a "good" FICO score doesn't seem as far away.  I was once in the poor category.   So it's a journey for sure.    Beyond paying down this last charge-off, there's not much else I can do.  Getting the CapOne Quicksilver 1 in March/April, car loan in the ,end of April and Merrick Bank CC in May has done me in.  Discover even rescinded my secured card offer after the Merrick CC hit my reports.  So since last year to date, I now have four credit cards and a car loan.  So I know I'm six months gardening before it's even possible that Discover will entertain my app for an unsecured card.  By then my CapOne charge-off will be completely paid.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 11 of 20
siveriano
New Contributor

I have been on the low/mid 600's that anything out of the fair range will be awesome, hopefully once those collections drop in about 2 months it will hit that mark.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is even more frustrating is when you're sitting at 673, and then for a reason I have no idea what it is, Equifax bumps me back down to 666.  This just happened to me today!

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am currently at a 618 Fico, I will be extremely happy when I hit 670 so I do feel like this is a goal score. For me I did not set too high of a goal, First goal was 560 > 600 > 620 >670 in that order.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Totally a goal for me! I can't get out of the Fair category for the life of me! 

Message 15 of 20
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is even more frustrating is when you're sitting at 673, and then for a reason I have no idea what it is, Equifax bumps me back down to 666.  This just happened to me today!

My guess this would be related to crossing a threshold on utilization or number of revolvers reporting. I get little dings like this all the time when either of these change month to month. If it is one of these its an easy fix for next cycle and lots of times you come back even stronger.

To everyone else, it felt really good when I went from fair to good. Even better when I got all three across the 700 mark. You can get there, it just takes time and patience.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dynamicvb wrote:
My guess this would be related to crossing a threshold on utilization or number of revolvers reporting. I get little dings like this all the time when either of these change month to month. If it is one of these its an easy fix for next cycle and lots of times you come back even stronger.

My utilization is about the same, I think, and same number of revolvers (I have too many inqueries and waiting for those to come off before applying for anything else).  But, who knows.  I guess it's just wait and see.  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 20
jons998877
Regular Contributor

This could be a great thread to keep going and mptivate us to hit this important threshold...

Begin of Journey ( 9/2018) EX 508 TU 506 EQ 498

Message 18 of 20
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dynamicvb wrote:

My utilization is about the same, I think, and same number of revolvers (I have too many inqueries and waiting for those to come off before applying for anything else).  But, who knows.  I guess it's just wait and see.  Smiley Happy

Not so much the number of cards you have, but the number reporting a balance. I saw that other thread and noticed this was a credit one card. I don't know why but I've seen my scores go up or down when that one reports a small balance and sometimes they go down when that one reports 0. Other times they go up when it reports anything. I'm just an AU on a credit one, but it does seem to cause some strangeness that I've never been able to figure out. 

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dynamicvb wrote:

Not so much the number of cards you have, but the number reporting a balance. I saw that other thread and noticed this was a credit one card. I don't know why but I've seen my scores go up or down when that one reports a small balance and sometimes they go down when that one reports 0. Other times they go up when it reports anything. I'm just an AU on a credit one, but it does seem to cause some strangeness that I've never been able to figure out. 

Eck!  I don't know what more to say on that!  That sounds weird and not good!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.