cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

68 POINT LOSS WHAT ELSE COULD GO WRONG !!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

68 POINT LOSS WHAT ELSE COULD GO WRONG !!!

HAS ANYONE HAD A CREDIT CARD COMPANY ACCIDENTALLY REPORT A NEGATIVE IF SO HOW DID YOU DEAL WITH IT I HAVE A CARD WITH CREDIT ONE AND I GOT AN ALERT FROM MY CREDIT MONITOR THAT A

NEGATIVE ITEM WAS REPORTED TO THE BUREAUS AND CAUSING ME A GREAT LOSS I SPOKE TO THE 

COMPANY AND THEY TOLD ME THEY WILL LOOK INTO IT I TOOK ME ALMOST A  YEAR TO GAIN THOSE POINTS SHOULD I BE CONTACTING A LAWYER BECAUSE I DOUBT THERE IS ANYTHING THE CC COMPANY CAN DO NOW  ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED 

THANKS 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: 68 POINT LOSS WHAT ELSE COULD GO WRONG !!!

@Anonymous wrote:

HAS ANYONE HAD A CREDIT CARD COMPANY ACCIDENTALLY REPORT A NEGATIVE IF SO HOW DID YOU DEAL WITH IT I HAVE A CARD WITH CREDIT ONE AND I GOT AN ALERT FROM MY CREDIT MONITOR THAT A

NEGATIVE ITEM WAS REPORTED TO THE BUREAUS AND CAUSING ME A GREAT LOSS I SPOKE TO THE 

COMPANY AND THEY TOLD ME THEY WILL LOOK INTO IT I TOOK ME ALMOST A  YEAR TO GAIN THOSE POINTS SHOULD I BE CONTACTING A LAWYER BECAUSE I DOUBT THERE IS ANYTHING THE CC COMPANY CAN DO NOW  ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED 

THANKS 

You could get a lawyer and try to sue them but the problem is that under the requirements of the law you have to show actual loss (in dollars) and show a direct corrolation with the negative reporting (almost impossible to do) and all this has to be done in federal court which has a 75k limit, although you could do a limited civil in state court if you can show a loss. Unfortunately as much as it sucks, there is little you can do because automatic damages are not stipulated in the statute. Sorry, if you do get a lawyer to take this, I'd be very interested to know on what grounds he/she thinks they can win.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 2 of 6
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

If you paid on time and you have that evidence it shouldnt be a problem. As long as  you made the minimum you should be fine. Let them investigate and if you dont like what they come back with dispute it with the evidence you have.
Message 3 of 6
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@tempusfugit123 wrote:
If you paid on time and you have that evidence it shouldnt be a problem. As long as  you made the minimum you should be fine. Let them investigate and if you dont like what they come back with dispute it with the evidence you have.

Actually if the creditor made a mistake and they know it and been notified, they just need to remove it and will remove it and that will reverse any negative effect that was introduced into the credit score. Disputing it through the CRA might potentially cause more problems. I would recommend against going that route. Try to get the OC to correct it and report the updated information.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would advise avoiding the lawyer or legal measures at this point.

Figure out what was reported incorrect, gather your documents to prove it was incorrect, and approach the OC. When you file a dispute with the OC under FCRA 623, they have 30 days to investigate and respond back to you.

Message 5 of 6
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would advise avoiding the lawyer or legal measures at this point.

Figure out what was reported incorrect, gather your documents to prove it was incorrect, and approach the OC. When you file a dispute with the OC under FCRA 623, they have 30 days to investigate and respond back to you.

There you have it, thanks sidewinder, a percision hit as always Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.