Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$6898 Collection, What To Do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $6898 Collection, What To Do?

I'm in the process of buying a car.. So, I want a good interest rate. 

Message 11 of 17
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in the process of buying a car.. So, I want a good interest rate. 

Good luck - and I mean that - but given your history of "default" as you listed in this tread I think you'll need more than luck to get a car loan or at least one with a low APR.

Good credit and the privledges that go with it are earned over a long period of time with lenders generally needing some history, but judging you (the borrower) as a valued customer until proved otherwise. A borrower that constantly defaults and either settles for less or looks to beat the system gets noticed even if that record is settled or not currently showing on your credit report - think not? Apply for a mortgage and see how many old unpaid accounts come out of the wood work.

I'll leave it at that..... 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

pipeguy,

I'm not trying to "beat the system".. I have been approved already for a car loan already. I'm just trying to get a better deal on financing with a lender and the dealer is confident in it.

My Identify was stolen and 95% of the stuff on my credit report isn't mine and I have been fighting to get it off with copies of police reports, etc.  So before you get the pitch fork out and start throwing forks at people, know the situation Smiley Happy Including the 15 collections that I gotten off my report were a result of identify theft or cause I paid them, DV'd them, or PFD them. 

Thx.

Message 13 of 17
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

pipeguy,

I'm not trying to "beat the system".. I have been approved already for a car loan already. I'm just trying to get a better deal on financing with a lender and the dealer is confident in it.

My Identify was stolen and 95% of the stuff on my credit report isn't mine and I have been fighting to get it off with copies of police reports, etc.  So before you get the pitch fork out and start throwing forks at people, know the situation Smiley Happy Including the 15 collections that I gotten off my report were a result of identify theft or cause I paid them, DV'd them, or PFD them. 

Thx.

FWIW, I responded to the issue being discussed and nowhere in the tread did you mention identify thief - if that is the case it's a whole different set of actions that has little to do with SOL running out or "settling" accounts for less.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently am in a similar situation. I want to refinance my car and purchase a home in 18 months.
Message 15 of 17
mo6579
Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

pipeguy,

Thx.

FWIW, I responded to the issue being discussed and nowhere in the tread did you mention identify thief - if that is the case it's a whole different set of actions that has little to do with SOL running out or "settling" accounts for less.

+1, totally different suggestions based on id theft. Whats the story?

Current Fico08 TU:654 EX:641 EQ:650 (01/31/2015)
Current Fico04 TU:??? EX:695 EQ:675 (01/31/2015)
03/2013 - TU:567 EX:490 EQ:540
Message 16 of 17
Sunshine222

I settled mine today for about 50%.  But I was afraid of being sued, able to come up with the money, and just wanted it gone.  I feel good about it.  Mine only had 11 months left on SOL but the particular collection agency has an office in town and sues lots of people here.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.