Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-10 day wait!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

7-10 day wait!

This is my first post, I wanna say its been a little over 2 weeks I applied for the Victoria's Secret credit card and was told to expect a letter in the mail within 7-10 days. Haven't got the letter yet. Was wondering what exactly it means? If I was denied why couldn't they just tell me in the store, why the wait? I'm trying to rebuild my credit, and credit karma says my score is 508. Has anyone else went through this? How long did it take to receive the letter?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 7-10 day wait!

Sometimes Comenity will accept people with lower scores for their store cards, and sometimes they have to review like that. With the 7-10 day wait thing, it's a maybe.

You can see if you can create a card login on Comenity's site (you can do so without physically having your card if you were approved). Dunno how long it takes for an in store app though, but with SCT approvals you can do it immediately.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll give it a try, thank you. Sucks having to wait on these types of things.
Message 3 of 11
Pway
Valued Contributor

When it comes to Comenity you never know.  It could be verification and they will not allow you to create an account.  It will tell you that the information that you have entered does not match the information on file.  Comenity requires you to wait for the letter even if you do try to call in.  Just wait for the letter and see what it tells you to. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

What exactly are they wanting to verify?
Message 5 of 11
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Questions from public record.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm just playing the waiting game for now.
Message 7 of 11
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Yeah, could be a denial letter or a letter telling you to call in for verification.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really hope its not a denial letter, lol.
Message 9 of 11
Pway
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I really hope its not a denial letter, lol.

Think positive. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.