Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 year charge off

tag
rhall2009
Contributor

7 year charge off

So I had to disupte transunion over a charge off they refused to drop because they erased all the information and no longer had a dofd for the account. Well finally got it deleted and my question is should i expect any score increase with this charge-off being so old. I did get a credit karma fako score 18 point boost. But i also have a collection that just deleted from 2012 so I am not sure which one actually gave me the increase. I thought after reading here that charge offs don't decrease in harm to your score unless deleted. I cant imagine it only hurting my by 18 or less points but maybe im wrong.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 7 year charge off

@rhall2009 wrote:

So I had to disupte transunion over a charge off they refused to drop because they erased all the information and no longer had a dofd for the account. Well finally got it deleted and my question is should i expect any score increase with this charge-off being so old. I did get a credit karma fako score 18 point boost. But i also have a collection that just deleted from 2012 so I am not sure which one actually gave me the increase. I thought after reading here that charge offs don't decrease in harm to your score unless deleted. I cant imagine it only hurting my by 18 or less points but maybe im wrong.

It depends on whether or not that CO was updating monthly, more points would be gained if it had been, less if not. You cannot equate an 18 point rise in a FAKO to what your Fico is going to do.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@rhall2009 wrote:

It depends on whether or not that CO was updating monthly, more points would be gained if it had been, less if not. You cannot equate an 18 point rise in a FAKO to what your Fico is going to do.

How can you determine if the CO reports monthly? Is that the Date Updated on the CR?

Message 3 of 4
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@rhall2009 wrote:

How can you determine if the CO reports monthly? Is that the Date Updated on the CR?

If on your credit report, for this particular creditor, there's a newnotation for each month saying CO and for history date they show previous month's date.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.