Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 year payment history - incorrect?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 year payment history - incorrect?

Hi
I have some late payments I am disputing with a local bank (payments were incorrectly posted - they agree, fix and notify the big 3, and then within 3 months there they are again!)
My question though is this....the 7 year payment history for this line reads: 30 days late 4 times (May 2008, Jul 2006, Nov 2005). Isn't that 3 times,  not 4?

My husband has a similar looking one that reads 30 days late 8 times...but has 5 dates next to it.

What am I missing? (BTW - account open < 7 years)

Of course this discrepancy between what appears on my report, and on my husbands, for the SAME joint account is another whole story!! How does THAT happen?

.....continuing to tear my hair out over the confusion that is FICO and credit reporting.........  
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 7 year payment history - incorrect?

Contact your bank again and get the correction in writting on bank letterhead! Most banks have no problem with doing this

NOW if the lates were deleted & the CRAs send you notice of this.....you can send the CRA the re-insertion letter.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt response!
Are you saying the discrepancy is the result of the BANK reporting 'late 4 times" or "late 8 times" and then supplying less than that many dates when they report to the CRAs? Or is it being incorrectly 'classified' by equifax and friends?

PS I just made an appointment to meet with the loan officer tomorrow and will be armed with the facts, including a copy of what they previously sent out to CB when this was 'corrected' previously.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CRA will say that the bank is the cause & the bank will say it is the CRAs fault. We have no way of knowing!

When you have in writting on bank letterhead....that you were never late on any payment........you can fax or CMRRR it to the CRA

See in order to have anything changed or deleted....the OC has to tell the CRAs that they (the bank) made a mistake in reporting! Most OC don't like doing that

With this the CRA MUST delete
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Before doing anything, pull the report directly from the CRA rather than here, TC or any other 3rd party site. The reports from here don't necessarily show the full history.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.