Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700 plus score journey

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

700 plus score journey

So after going through a divorce during the end of last year I missed payments and my credit went downhill. In April my lowest FICO 8 score was 596, now I'm sitting at 690. I really wish I was in the mid 700's but this seems to be a game of 'hurry up and wait'. What seems to be hurting my score is the past serious delinquency (7 accounts) (60 days past due or greater). I've wrote letters to no avail to get the payments removed. I have not had any late payments on anything in 9 months. How long did it take before you seen progression into the 700's?

year.jpg

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Ilinferno
Established Contributor

Re: 700 plus score journey

Congrats on all your progress! I'm earlier in my journey than you are so I'll let others answer on the 700s question but I just wanted to say good job!

Message 2 of 10
quikj9
Frequent Contributor

Congrats @Anonymous on your progress! I'm also unsure of exactly when you (or I) might break into the 700s. You're knocking on the door. Hopefully, you won't have to wait too long. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your progress! I hope you break 700 soon. I am in the infancy of my rebuild and your story inspires me. Keep us posted!

Message 4 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

When was the sore spot when the 60 days occurred? Of course age will lesson over time. Great job so far since. Uphill looks great on the scale.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 can you be a little more specific about the 60 days?

Message 6 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So after going through a divorce during the end of last year I missed payments and my credit went downhill. In April my lowest FICO 8 score was 596, now I'm sitting at 690. I really wish I was in the mid 700's but this seems to be a game of 'hurry up and wait'. What seems to be hurting my score is the past serious delinquency (7 accounts) (60 days past due or greater). I've wrote letters to no avail to get the payments removed. I have not had any late payments on anything in 9 months. How long did it take before you seen progression into the 700's?

year.jpg

@AnonymousI was asking about when were the 60 day lates on the 7 accounts. Older the better. Less of a ding.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 my appoligies, the last late payment I had was in Feb 2021.

Message 8 of 10
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Rats. I was asking to see how old the lates were. Still kinda fresh.  After 2 yrs the hits will drop. If by chance theres any 90 day lates or more since you posted (60 days past due or greater). May take a bit longer. But great job getting to where your at. It will pass by fast. Happy Thanksgiving.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FireMedic1 Thanks a lot, you answered my question. Every time I look at my score I see where it says the history is a factor that’s holding me down. I knew they would probably stay on my report for seven years but didn’t know how long they may affect it. Happy Thanksgiving. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.