Did you mean: 

700 score I am coming for you!!!!!

tag
Infiniti515
Regular Contributor

Re: 700 score I am coming for you!!!!!

Smiley LOL
@jbsea wrote:

Congrats on bringing your score up!  I know it's hard not to push the botton as we see our scores go up... But I guess that is why they have the garden.  that is where i'm planted for awhile.  come join me and we will watch it grow Smiley Happy

@jbsea-

thank you!!! Yes you are right, especially when you are used to having  lower scores and getting rejections, the temptation to apply when scores improve can be overwhelming. Yes the dreaded but necessary "G"word-Gardening,  is  what I need now so I will join you in the garden for better returns later.  

I have one question however, I really need to refinance my auto loan which is at 12% . I have been paying it since 2012 and my credit has changed tremendously since. My hope was once I get to 660/675 to refi for better lower payments. I owe about 10,000. What are your thoughts on that? As far as credit cards, I can stay in the garden. If   I am gardening can I refi an auto loan?

Any advise is appreciated!

Message 11 of 13
Infiniti515
Regular Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

@Infiniti515 wrote:
It's amazing how your goals can change in a year. 

Congratulations!!   Smiley Happy

When I first pulled my head out of the sand and began trying to repair, I had my goal of 700 across the board and felt that when I hit that, I would be perfectly pleased and would just garden.  Once I hit the 700's, I decided that I wanted to see if I could get to the 720 range as quickly as possible.  Now that I am pretty much there, I am wanting the 740-750 range so bad I can taste it, however that is probably unrealistic at the moment with my baddies showing.  

@EW800-

Thank you!! Yes I cant imagine what it will feel like to hit 700!!! I am looking forward to it! As you stated however once I get there I am sure my goals will change as well. Great job on achieving such great scores!!!! Its quite an accomplishment! Even if you have baddies you have great scores to work with, so just keep going and let us know when you hit the next level!!!!!

Message 12 of 13
Infiniti515
Regular Contributor

@Infiniti515 wrote:
It's amazing how your goals can change in a year. When I started on these forums early last year, it never occurred to me that I would be where I am even though I still have ways to go.
Today I was pleasantly surprised by a denial by Discover and yes I know I should have waited. One day I was browsing and tried their preselected site and it came back with Discover IT. I should have known better but against my better judgment I applied.
Unfortunately I was turned down and the letter that came today stated my score at the time was 643!!!! That is a 40 point jump from December!!
It stated the reason I was declined is I have a collection which is true, I have 2 collections both for same thing HSBC/Portfolio Recovery that are getting disputed. Plus at the time they pulled I had a 3rd medical collection that is coming off as CA agreed to PFD. Also most of cards had very high utility, since then I have gotten some Income tax and paid most of them down or off. Still working on paying them all off except one reporting under 10%.
My new goals are; To raise my score to 700 by removing the 2 remaining baddies and keeping utility low.
2nd goal is when time is right get some prime cards and close most of the ones I have including some of my store cards and 3rd goal is to refinance my vehicle at a better rate. Long term goal is to get a house at a great interest rate.
I still got ways to go and at times it takes patience but in the end the results will be worth it! Let's keep going.

So one more collection is gone via PFD!!!!!!!! I am down to 2 baddies for the same debt with HSBC/Portfolio recovery on my reports. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.