Did you mean: 

700!!

tag
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

700!!

Please forgive me in advance...

(ahem):   I just hit 700!  

Rebuild started a year ago, early Feb;  My CK Vantage 3 was hovering around 560, and dropped eventually to a low of 540.  

I just hit 700 for the first time on EQ Vantage3. this is my first "non-6XX" score since I don't know when...   'cause I was (mostly deliberately) not paying attention.  

Tu currently at 692 Vantage3.  Ex Fico 8 updated a couple of weeks ago at 693 and TU (via Disco) at 691.    

It sucks, but the hard work DOES pay off, people.  Stay at it!!   

...Ok, ridiculous, desperate, cry of joy over.  Now, I'm stoically back to the Garden. 

730, I'm coming for you.   Watch your back.  

Happy Friday, all!!

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
1) GARDEN until I app for Mortgage.
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  
3) Don't waste the gifted 0% time on the student loans. 
4) Ultimately, refi the house at non-usury terms. 

18 REPLIES 18
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: 700!!

Congrats on the milestone and much continued success!!

Message 2 of 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your success!
Message 3 of 19
donkort
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!  Great job in getting your scores up there!

I would focus more on the FICO scores than the Vantage scores.  In my previous incarnation as a maxed out credit card debtor, my Vantage scores were almost always about 30 points lower than my FICO scores.  In my present incarnation, they are about 15 points higher than my FICOS.

It's not that Vantage scores are "bad" or "fake" scores, it's that they are an apple-to-oranges sort of thing when it comes to Vantage/FICO.  Many more credit entities use FICO than Vantage scores----even though the credit bureaus were the ones who actually developed the Vantage Score. 

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 4 of 19
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Thanks Donkort!   

First, please understand that when I started, I picked CK... because it was there and can act as a reasonably consistent metric on a weekly basis.  I haven't done a tri-credit bureau FICO pull, mostly because of the money ($40.00 a month... that can go to payments, for example.)  

Second, your reply is particularly interesting to me, because my Vantage scores have been consistently lower than my FICO Scores all year, so I tend to use them to 'brace' my expectations for any credit pull.  (E.g., I get them from my Disco monthly and a couple of others places where I do see them.)  FICO 8, at least has been higher.  This is the first time I've seen it crossover. 

The FICO Mortgage scores?  Yeah, forget those. They're way lower than Vantage...  but maybe the combination of stuff I had in my past was triggering more scruitiny on Vantage than FICO?  30, 60, 90 Lates have just recently aged to about 20-24 months now, for example.   

Now I'm curious?  Anyone else care to reply with a simple comment of which is higher for you, Vantage or FICO?  

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  

Message 5 of 19
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

thank you, and back at you!  

2021 goals: 

Message 6 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats

Message 7 of 19
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Thanks, Concorduser!   Keep plugging!!  

2021 goals: 

Message 8 of 19
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Pit-SmokerYou can get your 3 FICO's for $1 at creditchecktoal.com and cancel before the trial ends. Report back and lets see the difference. It can be higher or lower by many points. Vantge is 30 pts lower for me for a couple yrs.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on reaching 700! 

you should do this.

or you can do the same here too. https://www.annualcreditreport.com/

i think someone suggested this one to me and it lead me to get an experian account and that updates my experian fico 8 score daily for free.

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Pit-SmokerYou can get your 3 FICO's for $1 at creditchecktoal.com and cancel before the trial ends. Report back and lets see the difference. It can be higher or lower by many points. Vantge is 30 pts lower for me for a couple yrs.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.