End of Summer 2016

Key Actions:
US Dpt of Ed Nelnet (1) - DEFAULTED - REHABED - DELETED
US Dpt of Ed Nelnet (2) - DEFAULTED - REHABED - DELETED
US Dpt of Ed Nelnet (3) - DEFAULTED - REHABED - DELETED
US Dpt of Ed Nelnet (4) - DEFAULTED - REHABED - DELETED

Remaining Baddies:
- several student loans accounts 30, 60, 90, 120, 180 days past dues reported
- Overpayment GARNISHMENT - reporting as a regular installment account (Determined to pay this off by New Years Eve)

Starting Limit   CLI        Balance (Sept 2016)

CapOne QS                           $300          $1300    $700
CapOne QS1                         $500          $2000    $1600

DiscoverIT (sec)                     $300         $300       $0
PenFed ThrSav                     $500          $500       $0
Amazon                                 $800          $3000     $0
FingerHut                              $400          $400       $0
Walmart                                 $1000        $5000     $0
Victoria's Secret                    $250          $550       $0
NY & Co                                $250          $550       $0
Limited                                  $250          $550       $0
OverStock                             $350          $650       $0

Final Scores:
EQ 670
TU 701
EX 697

So that's how things are looking as of today. With that being said:

Advice welcomed....

Do's and dont's at this point ?
All input welcomed and wanted!

Thanks everyone

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 9 Month Progress Report

I'm only a little ways into my rebuild myself scores ranging from 634-664 FICO.

Good job on your rebuild!

As far as advice something that pops out is that on 2 of your cards you're over 50% UT which can drag down your score. I'd recommend maybe app'ing with Discover, NFCU, or another credit card and get a new trade line going so that you don't have do use those two cards so much. Other than that just keep current on payments and try for EE on those baddies when you can.
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as advice something that pops out is that on 2 of your cards you're over 50% UT which can drag down your score. I'd recommend maybe app'ing with Discover, NFCU, or another credit card and get a new trade line going so that you don't have do use those two cards so much. Other than that just keep current on payments and try for EE on those baddies when you can.

Congratulations, OP! You've made a lot of progress. I agree with Matt about those two cards with high UT. Another card would lower your overall UT as well, but if there is a chance you might charge on the new card without paying your existing cards down, then I would recommend not getting another card. My only concern is whether or not you have the high UT because you are unable to PIF. If that is the case, I think you should figure out how to stop using them and get them paid down first. 

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd agree with Bella I left that out I thought it might've been obvious but just to clarify. The new card would only be helpful if you're able to at least pay the current ones to below 30% UT and keep them there PIF would be nice but at least under 30% won't be hurting you.
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'd agree with Bella I left that out I thought it might've been obvious but just to clarify. The new card would only be helpful if you're able to at least pay the current ones to below 30% UT and keep them there PIF would be nice but at least under 30% won't be hurting you.

We are thinking alike! I know from personal experience that it's not a good idea to get another card if you can't keep current ones under control. I just wanted to make sure OP doesn't make the same mistake I made in the past.

Message 5 of 23
susieqj
Regular Contributor

Great Job!!!

How did you get the verizon to be deleted. Was it with verizon or a collection agency. I just paid verizon $481.00 a few days ago. 

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My small CP1 card will be paid to $0 next month. I wanted to make sure I used them both alot in hopes of getting decent CLI since they will be my main cards for a while. 

I actually have the Discover IT card. Dont know how I failed to list that one! It's just the secured one though. I want to add more money to it, but kind of on the fence about that. 

It seems that I read somewhere, that once it graduates, whatever amount they bump it to, is what you're stuck with and that you wont get another increase???

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@susieqj wrote:

Great Job!!!

How did you get the verizon to be deleted. Was it with verizon or a collection agency. I just paid verizon $481.00 a few days ago. 

Here's a COPY and PASTE from an old Verzon thread I responded to:

For everyone asking about Verizon collections, heres what I did.

I called their Credit Reporting department directly. I had to do this twice and was successful on the second call. I told them they needed to pull the phone recording for the day the service was placed for service. The first time I called the guy gave a generic response of "we record all new service order conversations and thats when customers give us verbal authorization for the contract" I explained a million times that I never agreed to a contract.

Called back the second time: The rep put it in for research for them to go pull the recording for verification.
Results: No recording found ---> Collections account removed completely. Now, I did owe them for a final bill and I ended up paying them $275 instead of the $880 they were trying to hit me with

and 

I kept integrity the entire time. I had no problem paying the bill. I had a problem with them hitting me with service contract fees when I never had a contract. I still had the email confirmation from placing the order.

What saved me was keeping and maintaining DOCUMENTATION for just about everything. They couldn't argue with that. No integrity lost.

Message 8 of 23
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

Wow you are doing a great job, as other has remarked get the utilization down and your scores will go up. I need to do rehab for my loans and since my balance is only 2000 the monthly amounts I will actually be able to afford now.

Message 9 of 23
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

You have done a fantastic job!!! Salute!
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.