Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9-point increase to 710 at EX after early exclusion of 2 accts

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

9-point increase to 710 at EX after early exclusion of 2 accts

I called EX yesterday morning and the rep said that he deleted them and I should see it on my end within 3 days. I waited til 12 a.m. PT to check my report (bc that's when they update) and BAM, 9-point increase. I honestly wouldn't have cared much if there was no increase. I'm just happy that those lates are gone, especially since I paid them off this year anyway.

Hope these data points are useful to you.

These student loan accts had 15 late payments (a total of 30) between 2013 and 2016.  Smiley Embarassed

I think that some would say that I have a thin credit profile. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 9-point increase to 710 at EX after early exclusion of 2 accts

@cr101 wrote:

I called EX yesterday morning and the rep said that he deleted them and I should see it on my end within 3 days. I waited til 12 a.m. PT to check my report (bc that's when they update) and BAM, 9-point increase. I honestly wouldn't have cared much if there was no increase. I'm just happy that those lates are gone, especially since I paid them off this year anyway.

Hope these data points are useful to you.

These student loan accts had 15 late payments (a total of 30) between 2013 and 2016.  Smiley Embarassed

I think that some would say that I have a thin credit profile. 

Thanks for the DPs! Congrats! It is a great feeling to be done with them!

I totally understand lates and SLs. You are late on one and you are late on all of them! I managed to rack up nearly 230+ lates on 13 SLs before they defaulted. They fall off my CRs, thankfully over the next 5-8 months. Once they do, I will have a super thin profile until rehab is complete and they are placed back on, but positive TLs instead of those terrible ones! EX dropped strings of lates this month, so 51 lates dropped, and not a single point increase lol I guess the other 180+ lates are still weighing me down!

My SO got 8 of 14 SLs (OCs and CAs) off in June on TU via EE. Sept 1st we hit up EX for EE of them. Just need to wait for Jan for the rest to drop. We finally will have nearly a clean slate once they are gone, as they have weighed us down nearly 20 years!

Good luck on your fresh start!

Message 2 of 3
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 9-point increase to 710 at EX after early exclusion of 2 accts

Congrats! Any point gain is good thing.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.