Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Late Removals

tag
Tmac7631
New Contributor

90 Day Late Removals

I think I finally have a major success story on my hands today. I checked and updated my credit score on credit karma tonight. I noticed that my on time payments had went up 4 percent from 96.4% to 100% on time payments. I had wrote goodwill letters to some CEO's at Nelnet and they must of removed those 3 90 day lates from back in December of 2010. I want to pull an updated credit report just to make sure but those were the only late payments I had on my credit report for sure. My question to everyone is how many points should I gain after these removals of late payments?

Starting Score: CK 680/ TU FICO 640/ 684 Credit Sesame
Current Score: CK 680/ June 2011 TU 640 FICO/ 684 Credit Sesame
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 90 Day Late Removals

I can't give an exact number, but the scores should go up because the 90 day late payments are very recent.  The point increase will depend on all the other information in your files.  However, I would suggest that you not put much trust in the CreditKarma scores, since they are not the scores used by lenders..  In my case, they are not even close to my FICO scores - My TransUnion FICO score is 65 points higher than the FAKO reported by CreditKarma.  I suggest that you order your real FICO scores to get a more accurate picture of your real situation.

Message 2 of 7
Tmac7631
New Contributor

Yeah I just use credit karma to see when accounts report or something changes on my report. I will order a FICO report next month and see if I gained any points or not. The lates were recent so I would think I should see a good jump. I still have 2 collection accounts left from 2008 to try and get rid of but have been unsuccesful at any PFD attempts with them. Once these collections are deleted or fall off in 2014 I will have a clean report.

Message 3 of 7
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

I would hope to you see a nice jump since the lates are relatively recent. 

It is nice to see some people are having good luck with Nelnet.  I just recently goodwilled them for 90 day lates in March (forbearance issues during consolidation) and they wouldn't remove them.  They did say in a letter back to me that I said I knew the lates were correct.  Hmmmm...maybe that is where I went wrong.  Would you care to share what kind of wording you used?  I plan on trying again in a couple months.

Message 4 of 7
Tmac7631
New Contributor

check your pm inbox toolie. I just pulled my FICO Transunion report from here tonight. The 90 day late payments are still showing on my report. There must be a glitch in the system with credit karma or something because the information they provided me is not accurate at all. I am putting no faith in that service anymore for report monitoring. I am really bummed that I thought these lates were gone and they are still there. Oh well I guess I will just have to wait another 6 years for them to fall off unfortunately.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! I am needing to contact Nelnet also! Would you share the contact info? 

Thanks so much!

Message 6 of 7
creditobsessedlady
Established Member

Hi everyone!!I goodwilled Nelnet in Novemeber 2011 about 120 late payments from April 2010. They responded that they were reporting the accounts accurately. Can someone please send me the contact information to send letter to the CEO's? Those lates are killing my reports and scores. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.