cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A 3rd secured card, alternatives to self lender loans and wide range in credit scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A 3rd secured card, alternatives to self lender loans and wide range in credit scores

All,

My scores have risen a bit:

Experian: 611

Equifax: 568

Transunion: 558

I pretty much have the same things reporting on all three reports now. Why are my scores so wide range? I understand most creditors go with the middle score(?) so my middle score is 568 which is horrid.

I need to get a third credit card. I'm going for the AZEO method. I have the Discover secured($200 limit-I just got it in November), Cap 1 secured($1300 limit-they gave me a 300 limit increase after six months). I applied for BOA secured and they denied me. Should I wait to see if Cap 1 offers me a Quicksilver(I've read after having the secured for a while they will offer you a a Quicksilver) or should I apply for another secured card? Also does Cap 1 allow you to have two secured cards? That could be an option as well.

Also I have looked into the Self Lender option and I just dont like the company. They dont report for several months and it just doesnt seem all that legit. I need my scored to rise and if Self Lender doesnt help that I dont want it. With the scores I have can I get a bad credit loan another way?

One more thing. I saw that as a Texas resident getting a bad credit line thats been reported removed is a little easier with the Texas credit letters I have seen on this forum. I just sent them out to all three bureaus so I will keep you updated on if anything is deleted.

Thanks all.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A 3rd secured card, alternatives to self lender loans and wide range in credit scores

Both Green Dot Platinum and OpenSky have secured cards that don't do a hard pull and will take almost anyone. (Green Dot took me, which should tell you something!) They report to all three bureaus. I just got Green Dot recently and they reported IMMEDIATELY (I think within a week). So far my experience with Green Dot has been fine (though keep on your toes and pay promptly, I have heard) and I've heard that OpenSky is okay to work with too (not predatory).

Message 2 of 3
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Re: A 3rd secured card, alternatives to self lender loans and wide range in credit scores

@Anonymous wrote:

"...or should I apply for another secured card? "

If you're not too particular, I would consider the Opensky card for the simple reason that there is no HP.  Any other card will result in a combination of additional inquiries, and a lowering of your AAoA. A new Opensky card will just lower your AAoA. 

From the information you stated, it now appears that you have three inquiries on your report. Adding a fourth in such a short period of time with scores in the 500's, probably isnt such a good idea.

Just my two cents. Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Also I have looked into the Self Lender option and I just dont like the company. They dont report for several months and it just doesnt seem all that legit. I need my scored to rise and if Self Lender doesnt help that I dont want it. With the scores I have can I get a bad credit loan another way?

In regards to Self Lender, it sounds like you've been reading internet reviews.  I've been with Self Lender for 8 months now and they report to all three CRA's. Yes there is a slight delay in reporting (anywhere from 1-2 months depending on the bureau), but it eventually gets reported. I know many here promote CU's over Self Lender, but I found SL's application process far easier than any CU and I didnt have to leave the house. Smiley Happy 

I can't tell if you're looking for some fast score increase or not, but I can say that SL will help your score in the long run. 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.