Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A DV'd debt is back on my report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A DV'd debt is back on my report?

I filed a DV with a company about a debt that is not valid, As soon as they received the letter the debt was removed off my credit report. I never received a letter or anything from them. I look at my report today and the debt has returned only under a different company name.... I still have all the documentation etc that I sent the original company, the letter and the return receipts etc.

What to do, what to do.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A DV'd debt is back on my report?

creditmonkey wrote:
I filed a DV with a company about a debt that is not valid, As soon as they received the letter the debt was removed off my credit report. I never received a letter or anything from them. I look at my report today and the debt has returned only under a different company name.... I still have all the documentation etc that I sent the original company, the letter and the return receipts etc.

What to do, what to do.

If I had to guess, the CA that you DV'd no longer had the account so they removed it.

If the account is out of SOL or you can PIF, I would send DV letter to the company that reported.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am almost positive they had the account, because they had called me to collect the day before they received the letter, I mean I know it's possible they sold it in the day period, but is there a way to find out the dates they held the account? Isn't it illegal to sell the account after you've been DV'd?

Message Edited by creditmonkey on 07-16-2008 09:17 AM
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can send the debt back to the OC, but can not transfer it to another CA.

The OC can then send it off to another CA.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

send this new CA a DV  CMRRR

In the mean time file a complaint with the FTC......tell them your name addy & SS#.....On xx/xx/xx I received a phone call from CA name and addy & phone#.......I told them that it was NOT my debt & I knew nothing about it......the next day xx/xx/xx  I mailed a letter asking for validation of said debt. 5 later days I pulled my CR and this CA was removed & replaced by another CA name xxxxxxx.

As of today I have not received any validation from CC #1

The second CA xxxxxx  never called or sent me any notice and I have now send them a letter asking for validation.

You might need to file an IF theft report with the police....of got to the FTC site & get the form (some police dept. do not take these reports)

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-16-2008 10:16 AM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.