Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Little Lost and Needing Some Credit Rebuilding Direction

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Little Lost and Needing Some Credit Rebuilding Direction

Hi Everyone,

I stumpled upon this forum a few days ago, and I can tell that this is a place that is going to really help me rebuild me credit. As I read through some of the threads, I saw terms like "app spree"and "gardening" and realized that I have obviously missed some things. I don't know what those things mean or how they (might) apply to me, so any help would be appreciated.

A little bit about me:

- My student loans just went into repayment (under IBR and I'm paying as agreed)

- I have a few unpaid collections that I intend to pay (but I think I should PFD these if possible, right?)

- A few baddies that have been paid, but still appear on my credit report (as paid)

- No late payments on my one credit card (Capital One secured card) or the personal loan I have through my bank

I don't know what I should be doing at this point (other than keeping the card's utilization low) to get my credit score up. When I checked my credit score this month (FAKO through Equifax), it was 590.

If anyone can point me in the right direction (especially to a few threads that might be beneficial to me)...

Many thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
TrishN
Established Contributor

Re: A Little Lost and Needing Some Credit Rebuilding Direction

do you have a credit card?  list your full credit report then we can help you better

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: A Little Lost and Needing Some Credit Rebuilding Direction

Welcome to the forums !

I'd suggest taking a look at the threads in the link below ~ also take a look at the sticky threads posted in each forum, there is a wealth of information available:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/224981

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.