Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Little Success Story: FICO 8 from 630 to 704 in LESS THAN A MONTH

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Little Success Story: FICO 8 from 630 to 704 in LESS THAN A MONTH

Here's what I did: 

Somehow managed to get a Discover it with a $500 limit WITH the collection still reporting.  Balance and trade line reported in two weeks with a $41 balance.

Paid a charge-off to Midland, and timed it to coincide with their reporting dates, since they now automatically pay-for-delete if the account is older than 2 years.  They report every two weeks, and last reported on 11/26.  Next MCM reporting dates, for those who are interested:  12/10, 12/24, 1/7, 1/21.  You'll want to time your payment for about one week BEFORE their next reporting cycle for fast results. Smiley Happy  

Before I got the Disco, and while I still had the collection, I got a $1,000 limit CO Platinum card with stupid high interest (sock. drawer.).

CO Platinum still hasn't reported, but I've used it and paid in full for two months, so it will probably improve my score even more when it finally reports (good LORD they're slow!!!).  It should show a 0 balance and high payment activity.

My credit alerts started bouncing off the walls informing me of increases to my credit scores.  FAKOs are all 720's, FICO 8's are 700-704 EQ and TU.  Experian can shove it, though -- they won't budge past 670 for me, so I'm just going to lock EX and only apply now with EQ and TU.

I also joined NFCU and got a VISA Platinum with 12.99% interest and $1,000 limit, because apparently TU didn't give them the updated info.  It's cool, though; I'm sure I'll quadruple that limit when I can do the CLI thing, since the EQ FICO 9 that they use is now 712.

Guys, you have no idea how awesome and enlightening this journey has been on myFICO.  I told myself, for the past couple of years since I was unemployed, "Welp, might as well not try, since I'm straight-up SOL for at least seven years now."  Nope.  I'm doing better now than ever thanks to some awesome wisdom garnered here.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Little Success Story: FICO 8 from 630 to 704 in LESS THAN A MONTH

Congrats on your success, go investigate experian and see what can be fixed. Best of luck

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great job! and Congratulations

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all you’ve achieved so far. I agree with above - look into Experian and see what’s suppressing your scores. Seems like the majority of approvals I read about involve a pull from EX, as if they’re the favored bureau. You’re gonna want them in play more often than not for future apps.
Message 4 of 5
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!👍

Best of Luck!🤞

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.