Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Success Story

tag
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

A Success Story

I just wanted to share with everyone how I have been helping my brother get his credit straightened out.  He had nothing but a few collections on his credit (medical, Direct TV, and Sprint).  So we called some of the companies to ask for DV.  Some were not able to provide, so they deleted some from his credit report.  I also added him as an AU on my Barclay, Discover, Capital One, and Walmart cards.  After they started showing on his CRs, we decided he should apply for his own card.  We decided to start with Capital One.  At the time we applied, he had my cards showing up as AU, 2 collections on EX, 5 collections on EQ (mostly medical), and 2 collections on TU.  He was approved on his own for a Capital One Journey card.  Yay!!  It feels so good to help someone that I love build/rebuild his credit!  I'm so happy for him!!!

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: A Success Story

Congrats! I too have been passing on my knowledge and helping everyone out, feels good.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@mrsjr wrote:

I just wanted to share with everyone how I have been helping my brother get his credit straightened out.  He had nothing but a few collections on his credit (medical, Direct TV, and Sprint).  So we called some of the companies to ask for DV.  Some were not able to provide, so they deleted some from his credit report.  I also added him as an AU on my Barclay, Discover, Capital One, and Walmart cards.  After they started showing on his CRs, we decided he should apply for his own card.  We decided to start with Capital One.  At the time we applied, he had my cards showing up as AU, 2 collections on EX, 5 collections on EQ (mostly medical), and 2 collections on TU.  He was approved on his own for a Capital One Journey card.  Yay!!  It feels so good to help someone that I love build/rebuild his credit!  I'm so happy for him!!!

Congrats to both of you Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Muff
Regular Contributor

Congrats to him! You're amazing for helping might I add

EQ 618
TU 627
EX ?
Message 4 of 5
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

Thanks, All!  And thanks, Muff! Smiley Happy  I just love my brother so much, and I don't want him to be cursed with bad credit forever.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.