Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A big thanks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A big thanks

I just wanted to say a big thanks you to everyone who has used this board to help other people out. My trans credit score as of 5-28-2010 was 487 as of 8-05-2010 it was 615. I used this forum to understand how to clean my credit up and ask a few questions so I just wanted to say a big Thank You to Everyone.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A big thanks

Nice work slickfireman!  Great job getting those scores up - congratulations!

Message 2 of 11
PixieQueen80
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on making such HUGE strides in improving your scores in such a short amount of time!

Starting Scores (7/26/2010): EQ 517; TU 508; EX 527 (lender)
Scores Along the Way (11/4/2010): EQ 542; TU 547; (11/8/2010) EX Plus 641
Scores Along the Way: (4/15/2011): EQ 516; TU 622; EX 585 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (8/25/2011): EQ 617; TU 627; EX 625 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (11/28/2011): EQ 617; TU 645; EX 667 (lender)
Current Scores: (8/9/2013): EQ 634; TU 662; EX 694 (lender)
Closed on a Home: 12/30/2011 Goal Scores (8/25/2014): 700 club
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would love to hear what your credit situation was when you started and what you did to improve so much in such a short time. Would you mind sharing how you did it?

Message 4 of 11
jdxprs1
Frequent Contributor

what exactly did you do?

Last app 1/2/2017.
In the garden until at least 6/2/2017.
Message 5 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The thanks are really from us to you!

One can offer information on this site, and another can listen.

But it is fellow forum members like you that hear, then act,, and get results!

You are the type of reader that is the real reason why this site is so useful.

Thanks for the feedback!

Please become a mentor, and share the inner secrets of your success with us!

Message 6 of 11
morganirish
Regular Contributor

congratulations, isn't it a great feeling?  Pat yourself on the back,   and I agree with Robert,  it works when people listen.   I remember starting out  2 years ago, with a score of under six hundred,  I needed a car,  had to have my husband cosign, with 12% interest,  I was mad at myself.  I read every post on this board, I still do,  and now I am at 733 tu and 741 with Eq.  I have since refinanced the car loan, in MY own name,  at 5% interest.  this is a great place to learn. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats to you Slick! I started here about 3 years ago, and with all the help I received, I went from 400's to 700's. It really gets fun when you learn enough to start helping others on the forums as well as your friends and family. My 19 year old son told me he won't do a THING with credit without talking to me first because he's watched me struggle to get these issues resolved and thinks I'm a "Credit Jedi", lol. It's good to know he will not likely make the stupid mistakes I have and it's pretty cool when your own parents ask you for advice. Keep it up and you'll learn to "use the force".

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Message 8 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats to you Slick! I started here about 3 years ago, and with all the help I received, I went from 400's to 700's. It really gets fun when you learn enough to start helping others on the forums as well as your friends and family. My 19 year old son told me he won't do a THING with credit without talking to me first because he's watched me struggle to get these issues resolved and thinks I'm a "Credit Jedi", lol. It's good to know he will not likely make the stupid mistakes I have and it's pretty cool when your own parents ask you for advice. Keep it up and you'll learn to "use the force".

Sorry, couldn't resist...

I hope you're right but children (mine at least) seem to have an uncanny ability to cease detectable brain activity at the worst possible times.  Smiley Very Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So not too sure how many people read this thread still but its 2-26-2013 and the credit score is 725. Hard to believe 2 years ago I couldnt get a loan for a pencil and now I can pretty much get money from anybody. I would just like to say thank you to everyone that helped.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.