Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A deal with the devil

tag
williamd1972
Contributor

A deal with the devil

I just received a collection letter from Cavalry portfolio. It wasnt for me, it was adressed to my stepson(22),who no longer lives with my wife and I. The collection is for 51$.  Last year I had my own dealings with Cavalry, I had a collection from AT&T for 200$ which I paid in full. That collection appears on my credit report today. They also attempted to put my step collection on my credit report, which I  disputed and had removed.  My question is: Do you think it is possible for me to negotiate, to have my collection removed , if I pay my stepson collection tab? 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A deal with the devil

I would send GW letters to them for your paid collections.
Message 2 of 3
Donks3369
Established Contributor

Re: A deal with the devil

William,

I was able to send Cavalry a GW letter and they removed a paid collection off my account.  I wouldn't pay your stepson's bill.  But if they agree and you have an extra $51 laying around, I would get it in writing that they will delete yours.  Although personally I don't think they would go for it.  I would start sending out GW letters immediately.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.