Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few more collections left.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few more collections left.

Hello everyone, I just pulled all 3 credit reports last night. I have a paid repo from 2011 or 2012, it's going to fall off june 2018 on Tu and July of 2018 on Equifax. I've been thinking about sending them a good will letter (not sure if it would work, I doubt it it would). I also have a $260 collection that is from a daycare that is also going to fall of next year. Should I even mess with these? I have a collection from national credit systems for an apartment that was just put on there 2016. Im going to ask for a pfd when i can pay off in full. I have a medical bill for about $300 that I plan on paying in full and then asking a good will deletion. I've already sent goodwill adjustments to the other ca on accounts that I've already paid on and they emailed me back stating they have coded those accounts to be removed from all 3 cra. Does this sound like a good plan? Any suggestions y'all have, would be greatly appreciated! I've learned so much on these forums in so glad to be apart of the fico family!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

Re: A few more collections left.

What do you have in good standing? If you have a good enought credit mix and accounts in good standing i would let it rest.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a cap one, auto loan and care credit that is in all good standing. Im trying to get another c.c but It seems like I can't.
Message 3 of 7
Joecooltech
Regular Contributor

its complete dumb in realistic thought but finger hut does do alot of credit line increases to help build your credit profile as well as help with utilization just buy small stuff and pay it off 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll try that! Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You seem to have a firm understanding of use of either good-will or PFD requests to attempt to get derogatory items deleted prior to their required credit report exclusion dates.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I've been doing a lot of research on these two subjects! I think im ready to tackle these last 4 collections! I was looking at my reports and they aren't that bad. I have alot of good standing accounts (some accounts are from 2008). But it's the repo and the latest collection that is holding my scores back.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.