Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about DOLA Changes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A question about DOLA Changes

Who or what can initiate a change in the DOLA? Does the consumer have to be involved? Asset Acc. has DOLA of 2005 on one report and DOLA of 2003, 2002 on the other 2. I have never made an attempt to pay, never offered to pay, I never talked to them on the phone or responded to their mail. Ive got a weird feeling that once they age off, other JDB mystery CA will start reporting. I think they are bottom feeding scum, who show no compassion for other peoples hardships.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A question about DOLA Changes

The only time that DOLA can change is when YOU made a payment!!!!!!!

What is the DOFD and your SOL???
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot find DOFD, the OC is only reporting on TU. The DOLA on TU with the OC is 9/2001. SOL in Texas (where i live, and incurred the debt) is 4 years. TU also shows this account, along with the CA to be deleted 8/2008, but EX is stating it will remain until 12/2008. Smiley Sad

EDIT: I never made the payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by going2tdc on 07-26-2008 09:39 AM
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump for my helpful pal, HappyDays!
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

going2tdc wrote:
Cannot find DOFD, the OC is only reporting on TU. The DOLA on TU with the OC is 9/2001. SOL in Texas (where i live, and incurred the debt) is 4 years. TU also shows this account, along with the CA to be deleted 8/2008, but EX is stating it will remain until 12/2008. Smiley Sad

EDIT: I never made the payment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by going2tdc on 07-26-2008 09:39 AM

Fall off date goes from DOFD.

It is 7 years from DOFD, but the 7 years doesn't begin running until 180 days past DOFD.

It is entirely possible that one CRA will delete right at the 7 year mark and another may not delete until somewhere between the 7 and 7.5 year mark.
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is also my dillema...so i guess i am wondering then (if its okay to ask on this thread) what can going2tdc  and i do when the DOLA has been changed? mine has twice.

Message Edited by tamaracmu on 07-30-2008 07:37 PM

Message Edited by tamaracmu on 07-30-2008 07:38 PM
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My main concern is the CA trying to falsify DOLA in order to claim the TL is within SOL.

I have never had any contact with them whats-so-ever. Never paid them a dime.
Message 7 of 23
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Expiration of the SOL on delinquent debt has nothing to do with credit reporting.  It just means that if they bring suit for collection of the debt, expiration of the SOL is an absolute defense, and should result in dismissal of the suit.  DOLA ,may be argued by the creditor before the court as grounds to reset the period for calculation of the SOL, but later payment activity does not reset the 7 1/2 year period under the FCRA, which runs back from the date of the delinquency that led to the CO or CA.

Dont worry about DOLA as it relates to droppng of the collection from  your CR.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 07-30-2008 09:17 PM
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just worried about them trying to sue, I know when the DOFD on the Original account was, I'm estimating 7-7.5 years from DOFD for the CA to delete.
Message 9 of 23
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Any legal action they might choose to take has nothing to do with your CR, or what is in the files at the CRAs. 
They can file suit at any time, and merely have to show that the debt was legitimate in order to file suit.  If it was in fact a legitimate debt, they will probably be granted judgment by the court unless you can establish in defense of the suit  that the SOL for bringing the suit has expired. 
Your concerns do not appear to be credit reporting related.  Debt collection is not bottom feeding scum if the debt was legitimate.   Your choice is either to pay and make it go away, or face the prospect of future legal action.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.