cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A question about DOLA Changes

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Senior Contributor

Re: A question about DOLA Changes

@WhatzUrPlan wrote:
Robert, I'd read a few of your posts today and some of them were either rude, antagonistic or just plain out of line.  When we want to be spoken to in that way, we call collection agencies.  We don't come here for that, we come here to help & support one another. 

Personally, I think a little frankness and honesty, especially in a situation as serious as credit and finances, is a GOOD thing. But frankness and honesty doesn't need to = rude or insensitive.

If Judge Ed Cowart could be sensitive and show compassion while sentencing Ted Bundy (who murdered an estimated 23-40 women in his "career" ), I think others can afford to be kinder, too.

Just saying. Smiley Sad

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hubby's FICOs when we started: high 400s (June 2008)
Hubby's FICO NOW (04/06/09): TU: 679 EQ: 608 EX: ???
My FICOs: TU: 643, EQ: 606
Closed on new home: 1/20/2009 -- If we can do it, YOU can do it!!

Message 21 of 23
Senior Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:
I apologize if my comments have in any way been interpreted as offensive or argumentative, for that was never my intent. 
I was simply trying to point out that if subsequent DOLA updates by a CA to a CRA are affecting the FCRA dropoff dates, this is clearly illegal, and neither the CRAs nor the FICO algorithm should be using such dates to determine FCRA compliance.  That is controlled only by the DOFD, and the CA cant change that date.
Again, sorry for any offense taken.

I think you're amazingly intelligent. And I think you have a grasp of law that none else here have. And I think that you ARE here to help, too.

I think I've seen you at the FreeAdvice forums. And I know that in that forum, a brusque, concise attitude is the mode there. That's not the case here. Here, the attitude is supportive, helpful, and kind. And I've been around this world enough to know that you CAN be that kind of person. Otherwise, you wouldn't bother to answer anyone's posts at all.

Sooo ... apology accepted, I'm sure. Smiley Happy

Truce, everyone?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hubby's FICOs when we started: high 400s (June 2008)
Hubby's FICO NOW (04/06/09): TU: 679 EQ: 608 EX: ???
My FICOs: TU: 643, EQ: 606
Closed on new home: 1/20/2009 -- If we can do it, YOU can do it!!

Message 22 of 23

Yes, and Robert I apologize also for my little wisecrack...Smiley Wink

MY Scores: EX: 546, TU: 560, EQ: 587
GOAL: To NEVER have to play this stupid credit (rat in a maze) game againnnnn!!!!! : P

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.