Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAoA Dilemma

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AAoA Dilemma

We are d/c from a Ch13 BKR as of a month ago.  As a result, basically all of those accounts are going to drop off my CR next summer and June of 2019.  So in 2 years my AAoA is going to drop drastically.

I have opened a new Capital One QS1, a PenFed Promise and a secured Discover card.  We also recently opened an auto loan.  My question is this - with those accounts dropping off my account in 2 years, my score will increase b/c they had late payments prior to BKR.  However, will the new accounts be enough to save me from a nasty score drop due to the AAoA only being 2 years after that?  How badly will it hurt my score for the AAoA to drop from 10 years to about 2 years?  I plan on paying everything on time and keeping utilization low for sure.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: AAoA Dilemma

I'm in the same boat.  The good news is that payment history is weighed more than account age, so we should still see a good boost when our reports are clean, even though AAoA is young.  My son has a pretty young AAoA and his score is in the 700's so that give's me confidence that I'll be there too next Spring!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently had my last baddie fall off my report for TU only.  My F8 score went up to 790, with an aaoa of 2.2 years.  My file is not currently optomized either so there is room for improvement.  (balances on 3 credit cards showing)  I would say a 2 year AAoA isn't going to be a huge deal based off my score increase.  My age of oldest account is 11.8 years.  I think that may play a larger roll if you have everything dropping off your file.  

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting the baddies off is far more score wise important than age. DW AA is just at 2 years but scores around 745 to 760 real Fico with around 10 or so cards.  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!!  Thanks for the input guys!  I've been working hard on the rebuilding process in the last couple of weeks and hadn't thought about the AAoA until just now.  Good to know that ultimately it will be a good improvement for my score.  Can't wait to see those numbers rise!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.