Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI-BLOOM account

tag
KMACK
Established Member

AFNI-BLOOM account

Ok, seriously.....sooo happy I found this site. :-)

I have spent some serious time on here today reading over things, and its all been VERY helpful.

I have another question( as I am getting confused on some things I have read here).

I have another account I was going to pay off tonight. Its with AFNI-Bloom, from an OOOOLD Altel pager ( about 6 years ago) and its only $94.00.

Now I just talked to them, and they said when I pay it they will report it as paid, but they can not delete it from my credit reports. I also informed them I dont recall ever owning a pager through Altell, but am interested in just resolving this matter...in the best way. They just acted like a PFD is not possible.

So if I pay it, it will show as a paid collection, and not remove completely from my report.

Were the jerking me around? I have read examples on here...where I thought they could remove the "smudge" from my credit report all together. Am I wrong?

Advice?

( Its only $94.00...and I dont mind paying it. I would just like to get the best results for my buck)

Thanks again everyone.

Message Edited by KMACK on 08-01-2008 02:38 PM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AFNI-BLOOM account

If you don't remember opening this account, DV THEM!! Make them PROVE it's yours!!

If they can't validate the debt, they have to remove it. Plain and simple.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are jerking you around.

In most states, an account this old is certainly out of the Statute of Limitations. That means there is nothing they can do to force you to pay it. If they sue you, you only have to state the defense that the action is time-barred and you will win.

Calling them won't work. The drones that answer the phone don't have the authority to do PFD. You need to write to them. Make it clear that the only way you are going to pay this is if they agree to delete.

It's already six years old -- another year and it's gone from your report anyway. Having it show as "paid" at this point isn't going to help you.

Unless you are planning to apply for a mortgage: in that case, the lender will do a manual review. Most lenders won't approve a loan if you have an unpaid collection. In that case, you'd have to pay it. If you aren't applying for a mortgage in the next year, I'd say either wait it out or PFD.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

TeeVeeDude wrote:
They are jerking you around.

In most states, an account this old is certainly out of the Statute of Limitations. That means there is nothing they can do to force you to pay it. If they sue you, you only have to state the defense that the action is time-barred and you will win.

Calling them won't work. The drones that answer the phone don't have the authority to do PFD. You need to write to them. Make it clear that the only way you are going to pay this is if they agree to delete.

It's already six years old -- another year and it's gone from your report anyway. Having it show as "paid" at this point isn't going to help you.

Unless you are planning to apply for a mortgage: in that case, the lender will do a manual review. Most lenders won't approve a loan if you have an unpaid collection. In that case, you'd have to pay it. If you aren't applying for a mortgage in the next year, I'd say either wait it out or PFD.

I have noticed that a lot of the "AFNI" collections have been reported in the last few months, which does hurt your credit because they are showing as new collections, even if you PIF. 

AFNI showed up on DDs CR with "Nextel" as the original creditor.  Drop off date is 2010?????, Date first reported 6/2008???????  It's crazy.  I am anxious to see how they respond our DV?????

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.