cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI COLLECTIONS REMOVED-- ONLY TOOK ONE EMAIL! BOOOOOOM!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFNI COLLECTIONS REMOVED-- ONLY TOOK ONE EMAIL! BOOOOOOM!!!!

Hey guys!! Just wanted to share my most recent success. I had two AFNI collections removed from my file and it only took ONE email to the higher ups to get it done. One was placed on my report back in Feb 2015 and the other was back in Sept 2014; I was advised by my LO to contact them to have them removed to improve my score and qualify for a USDA loan. I emailed the CEO and a few others on 2/02 and low and behold they both were removed 2 days later - according to my EXP and EQ reports. My EXP score has shot up 34 points!!!! I am just waiting for TU and EQ scores to see where I stand. I am super duper excited about this.!! GO ME! LOL Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 83
82 REPLIES 82
Lucky7z
Regular Contributor

Re: AFNI COLLECTIONS REMOVED-- ONLY TOOK ONE EMAIL! BOOOOOOM!!!!

Was it paid? I'm trying to have them removed
Message 2 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm starting to notice that emails sent to the TOP executives yields fast results... I just tried that yesterday & I've gotten calls & emails from their minions to fix my report. ... Further than I've gotten calling customer service line everyday for the past 2 months.

Message 3 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you mind sharing your letter and how it worked for you?

Message 4 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello,

do you mind giving the email address you used for this?

Message 5 of 83
tenillelg
Valued Member

That's awesome!!!  I would love to know who you wrote, pretty please?  I have one account with them too that I have been working on but have had absolutely no reply. :/

Message 6 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I paid them both in June 2015.

Message 7 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent the following to recoveryteam@afni.com; (Mod Cut-Direct contact info cannot be posted in the public forum)

"To Whom It May Concern:

Thank you for taking the time to read this email, and I hope your day is going well. I’m writing because I noticed that my most recent credit report contains two collection accounts that your company is handling, [insert original creditor(s)].

I’m planning to apply for a mortgage loan, and it’s come to my attention that the collection accounts on my record could hurt my ability to qualify. I truly believe that it doesn’t reflect my creditworthiness and commitment to repaying my debts. It would help me immensely if you could make a goodwill adjustment to remove both collection accounts as they are in satisfactory standings. They both since have been paid and no other monies are due.

Thank you for your consideration, and I hope you’ll approve my request."

I am not quite sure which email worked but thankfully one actually did! You can tweak the above to your own personal situation.

Message 8 of 83
Lucky7z
Regular Contributor

Thanks!!!
Message 9 of 83
IllinoisNative
Contributor

This worked for me as well. They deleted the only collections account I had on my Transunion report and my score shot up 70 points.  I'm now at 745.  I'd be higher if I hadn't paid off my only installment loan which cost me 30 points.  I still have a couple medical collections on my other two reports that I'm working on.

Message 10 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.