cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Collection reported. Please Help!! Dropped credit score 98 pts.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFNI Collection reported. Please Help!! Dropped credit score 98 pts.

Hi all,

I recently had a collection agency named AFNI, send me a letter in the mail attempting to collect a debt. This debt is for an old AT&T U-Verse account that was previously on my credit report under the name of ERC back in 2018. I disputed the collection and it was removed from my credit report.

Now fast foward to today, I received a letter in the mail from AFNI on March 6th attempting to collect the same debt and they already reported the collection to the credit bureau (only Experian) so far and it dropped my score 98 pts from 761 to 663.

I am so upset as I had finally cleaned my reports up and I am on the verge of tears and I have no idea how to proceed. If anyone can provide any help or advice, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

Re: AFNI Collection reported. Please Help!! Dropped credit score 98 pts.

Pay it.  You may be able to call and negotiate an arrangement.  Someone else may be able to give more information as the forum is full of viable information however, the bill needs to be paid.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like above post stated, pay it off. Ask them for a PFD and have the agreement in writing (if they agree).

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you disputed it before and your reason worked, do it again.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

***Item was removed from credit report***

Message 5 of 7
tricie17
Frequent Contributor

You stated that this account was an old U-Verse acct under another collection agency in your name.  AT&T is the mother of U_verse and have followed this acct from ERC to AFNI.  Needs to be paid.  These Agencies are brutal.

Starting Score: 544
Current Score: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Go to a AT&T store/outlet. Pay it in leui of them recalling the debt. Good Luck!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.