Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI DELETED- super excited!!

tag
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

AFNI DELETED- super excited!!

I finally filed a complaint with the BBB regarding the AFNI collection thy was showing up on my credit report an they agreed, in their response to delete the account! This is just the boost I needed to keep truckin'!!

I'm going to try this tactic out on midland funding next! Wish me luck!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Re: AFNI DELETED- super excited!!

Congratulations and welcome to the boards! I just had AFNI removed via CRA dispute but it remains on one of my reports. I've GW'd them to see if they will remove the account, but I haven't heard anything from them yet.

As for Midland - I wish you luck with this one.  I have one Midland on my report and given the feedback of others on this board, they are a hard cookie to crack!  Let us know how it turns out.

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 2 of 6
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Good for you!!! I disputed AFNI and it came back "updated" they lowered the amount that was paid and score alert said it raised my score 3 points.....I GW them as well.  I filed a BBB complaint against Midland a few days ago. They responded asking for a consent form from me, I will fax it back in tomorrow and let you all know how it goes. Midland is the worst.

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 6
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone! Midland has been ignoring my certified letters for quite some time. The collection is from an Aspire Visa that I'm pretty sure falls under the cease and dissist order from the lawsuit that was filed on Apsire. Hopefully this will work in my favor... but if anyone has any suggestions on other ways to deal with Midland.... my ears are open!!

Message 4 of 6
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

LOL I think we all have no love for Midland! 

@newmom - let us know how this works out for you.  I've only sent one letter to them, but that was less than a month ago so I haven't sent another - of course I also haven't heard anything back either!

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 5 of 6
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

@newmomnewme I got the same response from the Midland on my BBB complaint too. I'm going to fax mine tomorrow.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.