Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI GW

tag
lalaredd
Valued Member

AFNI GW

So I sent a GW letter to Afni for a CO deletion. They sent an email back next day saying it would be deleted from all 3 CRAs.  In a 2 week period it has only been deleted from Equifax.

My question is should I fax a copy of Afni's deleten letter to Experian and Transunion? or wait 30 days for it to see if EX and TU will take it off my credit report. Iam looking at getting a pre-approval letter for a home loan very soon and my scores range from 620-650.

:

Starting Score: 515 Jan. 28th 2011
Current Score: 670 Today EQ
746 Today TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: AFNI GW

I did a dispute (back before I found MYFICO) for collections to get them to report as Paid.  I ended up losing one point by doing this.  IDK if it was because it re-actived the date or what.  I'm still puzzled by that one point loss.  I also did a dispute to get a judgment to say "satisfied" and I did not lose points when that happened.

I think it could be a gamble.  But depending on how fast you need your loan, you might not have an option.

Good Luck!!  And congrats on the Delete.  AFNI ROCKS when it comes to deletes.  Though of course they suck overall.  But it's only our fault when AFNI comes along, eh?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.