Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Ignored my DV Request - Next Steps

tag
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

AFNI Ignored my DV Request - Next Steps

Hello, as I indicated about a week ago, AFNI sent me a dunning letter on 12/5/12. In response, I sent them a  DV letter on 12/27, which they received on 01/02/2013 - per their green card. on Jan 8, 2013, I was surprised to find that they have reported the TL to the CRAs without validation.  Per advice from others on this board, I have waited till today, and have received nothing from them. Now, I am planning my next move.

I am thinking of two options here - please let me know the best strategy to take:

-- I could send them (AFNI) another letter - this time a Direct Dispute letter or

-- Dispute the listing with the CRAs, informing them that the TL has not been validated, hence they should delete.

Any thoughts on these approaches?

Thanks, Oyiwaa

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TrishN
Established Contributor

Re: AFNI Ignored my DV Request - Next Steps

send them second letter and copy of first letter+ copy of recevied .give them another 30 to response your DV. If they do not response your second DV.Then you may need to bring a legal action by sue them

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 2 of 4
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

@Oyiwaa wrote:

Hello, as I indicated about a week ago, AFNI sent me a dunning letter on 12/5/12. In response, I sent them a  DV letter on 12/27, which they received on 01/02/2013 - per their green card. on Jan 8, 2013, I was surprised to find that they have reported the TL to the CRAs without validation.  Per advice from others on this board, I have waited till today, and have received nothing from them. Now, I am planning my next move.

I am thinking of two options here - please let me know the best strategy to take:

-- I could send them (AFNI) another letter - this time a Direct Dispute letter or

-- Dispute the listing with the CRAs, informing them that the TL has not been validated, hence they should delete.

Any thoughts on these approaches?

Thanks, Oyiwaa

I've dealt with AFNI before and ran into something similar but I only sent one DV, after I got no response I e-mailed them a PFD offer, received a reply,  with a counter  (slightly higher than what I offered) but I accepted and they followed through with the deletion.   

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

What is the date it was reported to the CRA?  If it was between the time you sent the DV and they received it, they are allowed to report to them.  If it was after they received your DV, then they are in violation.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.