Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI/Sprint Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFNI/Sprint Collection

My husband and I are trying to purchase a house with a FHA loan.  The lender advised that my husband settle a bad debt he has on his credit report from Sprint, CA=AFNI.  I have read the forum and all the information is very useful, however, I'm confused as to the process.

Some have just contacted the company and settled, then AFNI deletes it from the credit report, other have send DV letters first.

Can anyone advise me on how to initiate the process and what is the correct procedure on how to do it, I want to cover all my bases.

TIA
Val
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AFNI/Sprint Collection

What is DOFD, DOLA, and SOL?

If you can PIF, then the suggested route is to DV and then PFD.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure on the dates, I'm planning on getting his credit report tomorrow.  The SOL in Florida is 5 years, he believes the account is not that old.
Message 3 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband's credit report reads as follows:

Date placed for collection: 12/2003
Estimated date that this item will be removed: 01/2009
Date verified: 08/2006

The report also shows an Aames Home Loan, however, he is no longer included on this mortgage, how can I have that corrected?
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the SOL on cell phone bills 2 years? Really? Is that country wide?
Message 6 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date placed for collection: 12/2003
Estimated date that this item will be removed: 01/2009
Date verified: 08/2006

The DOFD would be   1/2001      it will drop from your CR Jan 2009!   you are well pase SOL!

SOL on cell phones is 2 years........It does not drop by SOL.....it drops by DOFD
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that information. Afni is trying to collect on "termination fee" after 3 years. What do I need to send them in order to have them delete this from my credit report?
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Breakthecycle22 wrote:
Thank you for that information. Afni is trying to collect on "termination fee" after 3 years. What do I need to send them in order to have them delete this from my credit report?

Nothing!!  But you can send them a DV   CMRRR  and if they do not answer it within 30 days  you should be able to get it deleted!

Send the DV along with the past SOl letter   CMRRR

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.