Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFNI Success!

I settled a debt with Afni in June 2008, the debt was from 2003. Thanks to a poster on this board, I sent them a email requesting that the account be deleted. The next day I received an email from them stating:

"This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the account listed above from your credit report.

If you have any questions, please contact our office toll free at 1-888-827-6002 Monday through Friday 7am – 9pm CST.

You have the right to inspect your credit.  This letter is from a debt collector.

Sincerely,

Afni, Inc."
3 days later this account was not showing on ANY of my credit reports!!! After I'm finished with rehabbing my student loans in December, I won't have any baddies! Thanks All!

Btw the way I sent the email to: RecoveryTeam@afni.com

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AFNI Success!

Big congrats considering how awful they are!!
Message 2 of 17
jwillvin
Valued Member

Congats!! I'm currently waiting on a response from them as well.
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go!

I, too had them on my TU and EX reports. I disputed with both CRAs and only TU deleted the TL. I had to fight tooth and nail to get them off my EX but I was finally able to get them to delete.
Message 4 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

SecondChance23 wrote:
I settled a debt with Afni in June 2008, the debt was from 2003. Thanks to a poster on this board, I sent them a email requesting that the account be deleted. The next day I received an email from them stating:

"This letter is to verify that we have filed a request with the credit bureaus to delete the account listed above from your credit report.

If you have any questions, please contact our office toll free at 1-888-827-6002 Monday through Friday 7am – 9pm CST.

You have the right to inspect your credit.  This letter is from a debt collector.

Sincerely,

Afni, Inc."
3 days later this account was not showing on ANY of my credit reports!!! After I'm finished with rehabbing my student loans in December, I won't have any baddies! Thanks All!

Btw the way I sent the email to: RecoveryTeam@afni.com

Congrats !!!!!!!!!
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Second chance, i have a couple of questions, if you could please give me an idea on how to deal with afni...

did you send a letter for verification to them, and when you did settle, what percent of actual loan did you settle for...

if you did send a D.V. could you please post a copy of the letter of what you sent to them...

i would love to see it. and i am sure many other here would like too
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mainemedic

could you please post the processes you went through to get them off your credit report,, and if you could post any letters you sent to Anfi, so we all can take a stab at them,,,, i am siure you proably went through some blood,swet and tears against them...bu maybe we all can benefit from your exprience

thanks in advance
Message 8 of 17
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

SecondChance23,

Thank you so much for that email address.  I sent off the email today with a GW letter and received a letter back the same day.  They are going to DELETE Smiley Happy

SUCCESS with AFNI, YES

Thank you!

v/r
JShidell
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leopa,

I settled before I knew anything about sending a DV letter. I gave them 50% of what I owed - that is as low as they would go. My email was literally 3 sentences asking them to delete the account...no disputing, no good will story, I just politely asked them to remove the account.

Message Edited by SecondChance23 on 08-01-2008 06:58 AM
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.