Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFNI Success!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AFNI Success!

CONGRADS!!! They sent me a letter on a Thursday saying they requested that the account be deleted, by Monday the account was gone from all three of my reports!
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent AFNI 2 DV letters (you can find a sample letter on this site if you do a search) to which they did not respond to. I also contacted the IL AG, Maine consumer protection agency, FTC, BBB. I also sent a letter to EX advising them that AFNI could not validate.

Then after I sent those letters I found some email addresses for AFNI and sent them copies of the DV letters, Certified Mail Green Cards, and I told them that if they didn't validate this debt then they must delete.

A day later they responded by saying they were deleting this account.
Message 12 of 17
brownee
Frequent Contributor

Well, ok then. I had already paid AFNI last month before I found myFico, so I just sent them an email. I hope they're feeling generous and will do the same for me!! Congrats , by the way on getting that done!
7/7/09 TU: 630 EQ: 638 EX: ??
4/3/09 TU: 599 EQ: 606 EX: ??
Message 13 of 17
JShidell
Frequent Contributor

SecondChance23 wrote:
CONGRADS!!! They sent me a letter on a Thursday saying they requested that the account be deleted, by Monday the account was gone from all three of my reports!

I haven't been so lucky.  Got my letter Friday, still on my reports as of Wed.  I was hoping by atleast Tue I would see it gone (based on your experience) Smiley Sad I guess I will continue to wait.   I hate being patient.

v/r
JShidell
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a DV letter to them back in June and they have not responded although they did update my report as unpaid.  I'm going to send them another DV letter but by email this time.  My question is, should I send it from my work email address or my yahoo account?
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

*bump*
Message 16 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

kawgirl23 wrote:
I sent a DV letter to them back in June and they have not responded although they did update my report as unpaid.  I'm going to send them another DV letter but by email this time.  My question is, should I send it from my work email address or my yahoo account?

I would still send the DV CMRRR. While e-mails are valid in most courts, there might be a hold-out judge out there who still thinks that the internet is just passing through town. He/she may not recognize it (if you ever had to go to court).

But if you had to send one by e-mail, then I would do it via your yahoo acct. Yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc are all expendable. You could always get a new account at any time. However, if you can't use your job's e-mail, you could get in trouble for it. Remember, if your company is called "Yucky Restaurant", then their domain might be yuckyrestaurant dot com. The CA could easily go back to that domain and find your work number and call.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.